Who Gets Fired?

Which coaches are getting canned after next week? Who do you think will replace the ones being fired?

I think Coughlin retires or gets fired. I have no idea who they will replace him with. Do they hire from within? McAdoo? Or do they go elsewhere? McDaniels is a name I've seen pop up...

Chip Kelly, Jason Garrett, Sean Peyton, John Harbaugh, Jim Caldwell, Chuck Pagano, Dan Campbell, Mike Mularkey, Mike Pettine, Mike McCoy, Jim Tomsula?

Those are all names I've seen mentioned as possibly being fired. What do you all think?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Eagles being non competitive and getting blown out in key games down the stretch, I think Kelly is gone. He's obviously lost the team and the city would revolt if he gets another year.

The others I think get the axe...

Campbell---the Dolphins have some talent and will probably be starting over...Campbell didn't do enough in his audition

Peyton--I think the Saints are starting over here as well. Sometimes, it's just time for good coaches to move on. Dallas as a landing spot??

Mularkey--Also didn't do enough during his audition to land the full time gig. Kelly and Mariotta re-union??

Coughlin--rides off into the sunset. He'll probably keep a job in the organization. This will go down as a retirement.

McCoy--If the Chargers head to LA, Mccoy will get the axe as SD will look to land a big name, high profile coach.

I think Pagano gets a pass with the Luck Injury. Caldwell had the Lions competitive and playing ok the last half of the season..he'll be back. Harbaugh ain't going anywhere....yet. I think Garret gets a pass too with all the injuries. But his rope will be really short next year.

I should add that I won't be surprised if the Giants keep Coughlin one more year.

I've read that the Giants really like their current coordinators. They love McAdoo and what he's done with Eli and they really aren't keen on the idea of starting him over again in a new offense. They also apparently believe McAdoo has potential to be a head coach in the future.

They also like Spagnuolo and feel like he didn't have the talent to do much with the defense this year. The talent was thin as the season started, but losing JPP, Hankins, Beason, Thomas, Kennard, Amukamara all for the season or for extended periods of time didn't help.

I wonder if the Giants would consider promoting McAdoo if Coughlin is shown the door. I've heard he likes Spagnuolo so the defense and offense remain the same...

They said last night that if the Giants' games had all stopped at the 2-minute warning, they'd be 10-4 (before last night's game).

How much of that is coaching? I can't believe that the guy forgot how, but as a rule you are what your record says you are.

They said last night that if the Giants' games had all stopped at the 2-minute warning, they'd be 10-4 (before last night's game).

How much of that is coaching? I can't believe that the guy forgot how, but as a rule you are what your record says you are.

They blew several games, for sure. It's been the hardest year ever to be a Giants fan. Just odd the way they have lost games.

I agree Pagano should get a pass on Luck injury. However, it seems that there is major clash between he and the GM. May go for that reason. The GM, by the way, has saddled Pagano with an old roster, without a ton of talent around Luck.