Winless Teams 2015/2016

Last season 3 teams went winless

Region 4 - Cumberland County - (0-25)

Region 14 - Riverside Christian - (0-24)

Region 16 - Rose Hill Christian - (0-21)

Rose Hill Christian can breath easy knowing that they will not repeat a winless season, however Cumberland Co., and Riverside Christian have yet to get off the schneid, and have started this season where they left off last season.

Presently there are 16 winless teams in the state of Kentucky.

Regions 6, 11, & 12 are presently the only regions where each team has at least one victory.

Region 1

Community Christian (Paducah) - (0-9)

Region 2

Crittenden County - (0-9)

Region 3

Frederick Fraize - (0-9)

Region 4

Todd County Central - (0-10)

Cumberland County - (0-10)

Region 5

Thomas Nelson - (0-11)

Region 7

Seneca - (0-8)

Region 8

Trimble County - (0-9)

Region 9

Boone County - (0-8)

Heritage Academy - (0-8)

Region 10

Silver Grove - (0-8)

Region 13

Williamsburg - (0-4)

Region 14

Jenkins - (0-8)

Riverside Christian - (0-9)

Region 15

Piarist School - (0-8)

Region 16

Menifee County - (0-9)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone County is a shocker to me

It's mind blowing considering their history, but the Rebels in football have surprisingly gone:

1-10 in 2012

0-11 in 2013

1-10 in 2014

0-11 in 2015

... and this is also likely the worst start for their basketball team since the school opened in 1954.

I cannot back that up to prove it to be fact as it's just a hunch, but it's hard to imagine that they've ever had a more unfortunate start to a basketball season in the history of their program.

Boone is definitely in a rebuilding year . Going into last season, Boone had all five starters from the JV 2013/2014, which only lost about six games, not play last season. Last season2014/2015, they graduated all 5 starters. That is 10 talented players gone. They will take their lumps but you have to look at the schedule they have started off with. In their first 6 games, they have played Holy Cross, NCC, Cooper, Conner and Newport. They are getting better and will cause an upset before they are done this year. Even though they have lost by a margin of about 18 points, there has been some bright spots. Against NCC, They were only down one at half. They battled hard against Conner . They were able to pull within 10 in the 3rd against Cooper before they pulled away. They have been able to slow down several of the 9th's top scorers with aggressive man coverage on certain players. When Coach McQ fits all of the pieces, they will get that win and start heading in the right direction.They have a very promising sophomore class which is getting game time under their belts. Look at Ryle, They only won a hand full of games last year and 0-6 in district. They are coming back and so will the Rebels.

Boone is definitely in a rebuilding year . Going into last season, Boone had all five starters from the JV 2013/2014, which only lost about six games, not play last season. Last season2014/2015, they graduated all 5 starters. That is 10 talented players gone. They will take their lumps but you have to look at the schedule they have started off with. In their first 6 games, they have played Holy Cross, NCC, Cooper, Conner and Newport. They are getting better and will cause an upset before they are done this year. Even though they have lost by a margin of about 18 points, there has been some bright spots. Against NCC, They were only down one at half. They battled hard against Conner . They were able to pull within 10 in the 3rd against Cooper before they pulled away. They have been able to slow down several of the 9th's top scorers with aggressive man coverage on certain players. When Coach McQ fits all of the pieces, they will get that win and start heading in the right direction.They have a very promising sophomore class which is getting game time under their belts. Look at Ryle, They only won a hand full of games last year and 0-6 in district. They are coming back and so will the Rebels.

I understand schools have down years. This is extraordinary for the size of Boone County, a quality coach. It is a tough start but they should be able to win a couple of those you would think.

I am not doubting what you day, but to an outsider it just doesn't seem very likely at all.

I understand schools have down years. This is extraordinary for the size of Boone County, a quality coach. It is a tough start but they should be able to win a couple of those you would think.

I am not doubting what you day, but to an outsider it just doesn't seem very likely at all.

I'm not sure I follow what part you think seems unlikely.

Winless teams updated:

There are now 14 winless teams in the state

Trimble from Region 8 beat St. Francis

Jenkins from Region 14 beat Riverside Christian

Region 1

Community Christian (Paducah) - (0-9)

Region 2

Crittenden County - (0-9)

Region 3

Frederick Fraize - (0-9)

Region 4

Todd County Central - (0-11)

Cumberland County - (0-10)

Region 5

Thomas Nelson - (0-11)

Region 7

Seneca - (0-8)

Region 9

Boone County - (0-8)

Heritage Academy - (0-8)

Region 10

Silver Grove - (0-8)

Region 13

Williamsburg - (0-4)

Region 14

Riverside Christian - (0-10)

Region 15

Piarist School - (0-8)

Region 16

Menifee County - (0-9)

Boone being winless is a surprise to me. Schools that size you would think have good players in every class so your players coming up should be able to take over. I understand the losses to the 9th region teams as they are playing good ball. But all to often as with other big schools, the focus on players is either the starters on varsity or the freshman that are good and the ones in the middle get left out which leads to "rebuilding" seasons. Jv teams often don't get the attention or work to make them better so they will be a good varsity team because the coaches don't see them as great players so they start looking at the "great" freshman and just figure on a bad season after a good or even great one.