Ashland @ JC

Flipper

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is going to be a good game between two talented teams but I wouldn't go ahead and tab it as "the district Championship game." There are still some solid teams that only have a few holes to fill in the district that can compete. Mason County comes to mind, they lose a few very very talented players but still return a whole lot. And with their current coach they can never be counted out of the race. Boyd County has a new coach in Lee Evans who may bring a new system and will definitely bring a new mindset to the program.

What a crazy thread! It's absurd to talk about this game as being a district championship in July. I'm sure Mason and Boyd fans will have something to say about this as well. :rolleyes:

What a crazy thread! It's absurd to talk about this game as being a district championship in July. I'm sure Mason and Boyd fans will have something to say about this as well. :rolleyes:

Just to add to your post What about Lawrenece and Greenup Counties????

Unlike last year, I don't think any team in the District can stand up and BEAT their chest like King Kong this year and expect a Distict Championship.....

Especially since the Distirct Crown will not be awarded until the 2nd round of the playoffs "just like B-Ball"...Yes THAT'S right the regular season means squat except for the seeding in the first two rounds. In other words Ashland would probably had to face Johnson Central again last year to make it to the Regional Final Game instead of Rockcastle....By the way the winner of that game is the District Champion the way I understand it...

Some like this format. I HATE it!!! But we must play the card we're dealt...

Unlike last year, I don't think any team in the District can stand up and BEAT their chest like King Kong this year and expect a Distict Championship.....

Especially since the Distirct Crown will not be awarded until the 2nd round of the playoffs "just like B-Ball"...Yes THAT'S right the regular season means squat except for the seeding in the first two rounds. In other words Ashland would probably had to face Johnson Central again last year to make it to the Regional Final Game instead of Rockcastle....By the way the winner of that game is the District Champion the way I understand it...

From what I have been told Greenup will struggle to have 25 players. Lawrence is still not the Lawrence of old.

Come on onetoya embrace the role of the hunted.

This format will certainly make things interesting – and add heat to already hot rivalries. Situations like 2003 could become common. In 2003 Ashland lost to Boyd Co. in the regular season, and then turned around to beat them in the 2nd round of the playoffs a few weeks latter.

In football it is hard to beat a good team twice in the same season – but it seems that is what it will take now to be district champs.

It is way too early to call.

Graybeard

This is alot premature! Anything can happen during a season. A couple of key injuries can relegate about any high school team from contender to bottom of the pack. Barring any unfortunate circumstances this should be one whale of a game though. If everything holds true, you might want to go ahead and pick-up your tickets because I predict a sell-out.

I had to do a double take when I saw this thread but here it goes.

Ashland 27

JC 7

Ashland will be much improved up front and Fields Davis, Matt Thomas, Drew McDavid, and Luke Bonner to name a few will be too much and Ashland's D will once again stop the Blumeless Eagles!

I had to do a double take when I saw this thread but here it goes.

Ashland 27

JC 7

Ashland will be much improved up front and Fields Davis, Matt Thomas, Drew McDavid, and Luke Bonner to name a few will be too much and Ashland's D will once again stop the Blumeless Eagles!

Ashland may beat Johnson Central in Paintsville, but it would be a shock to see the Tomcats hold the Golden Eagles to 7 points on the road. It would also be a surprise to see Ashland score 27 on what should be an improved JC defense. The Tomcats had their hands full with Blake Johnson last season, and I expect that they will find him to be a bigger load this season.

Ashland may beat Johnson Central in Paintsville, but it would be a shock to see the Tomcats hold the Golden Eagles to 7 points on the road. It would also be a surprise to see Ashland score 27 on what should be an improved JC defense. The Tomcats had their hands full with Blake Johnson last season, and I expect that they will find him to be a bigger load this season.

Ageed!