Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question for Private Schools?

Featured Replies

I think that you are outside your mind on this...

 

Am I? You and I may love football but think of all the Moms and Dads that could care less about it but would like their child to play a sport of some kind. They look at football where all the boys wear lots of protective gear and then they look at soccer where the most a kids wears is a shin guard and doesn't have a 300 lb man coming at em, lol.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I? You and I may love football but think of all the Moms and Dads that could care less about it but would like their child to play a sport of some kind. They look at football where all the boys wear lots of protective gear and then they look at soccer where the most a kids wears is a shin guard and doesn't have a 300 lb man coming at em, lol.

 

I understand your statement and agree to an extent, but I have also talked to alot of parents who understand how many injuries there are in soccer becuase of the lack of protective gear. While there are more collisions in football most dont result in injury because of the protective gear. Whereas in soccer the collissions occur with much less protection.

 

I would be interested to hear more on the subject of injuries by specific sport.

Am I? You and I may love football but think of all the Moms and Dads that could care less about it but would like their child to play a sport of some kind. They look at football where all the boys wear lots of protective gear and then they look at soccer where the most a kids wears is a shin guard and doesn't have a 300 lb man coming at em, lol.

Football has NEVER been more popular in Louisville, that's all that I can speak of, to me it seems to be hurting basketball, which is amazing.

Football has NEVER been more popular in Louisville, that's all that I can speak of, to me it seems to be hurting basketball, which is amazing.

 

 

No complaints here, I like football much more.

  • Author
I understand your statement and agree to an extent, but I have also talked to alot of parents who understand how many injuries there are in soccer becuase of the lack of protective gear. While there are more collisions in football most dont result in injury because of the protective gear. Whereas in soccer the collissions occur with much less protection.

 

I would be interested to hear more on the subject of injuries by specific sport.

 

From what I've read and been told "Cheerleading" is the most dangerous for sports injurys.

  • Author
Football has NEVER been more popular in Louisville, that's all that I can speak of, to me it seems to be hurting basketball, which is amazing.

 

:thumb: "Sweet" ain't it! And I hope you T & X boys keep it rolling. I enjoyed coming to your 7 on 7 passing games every year. Saw a lot of coaches there everytime. Great for the kids as well!!!

I can't stand this forum. It reminds me so much of the Civil War. Where is Herny Clay when you need him. The Great Moderator.

I can't stand this forum. It reminds me so much of the Civil War. Where is Herny Clay when you need him. The Great Moderator.

 

 

In many ways good sir, I concur! :thumb:

I'm afraid that it was an earlier generation that had the wisdom of Mr. Clay. We, unfortunately, are stuck with the likes of Mr. Sears.

Well, I live in Mayfield KY, heavily populated with hispanics, it could be an isolated case, but soccer is very popular and I know for a fact it has affected our football program negatively.

That sounds like a CULTURAL issue, not a public/private issue.

From what I've read and been told "Cheerleading" is the most dangerous for sports injurys.

Actually, that is true. Not only do the statistics bear that out, but also my son's experience.

 

My son just got finished with 2-a-days with U.K.'s cheerleaders. I have never seen him so "beat-up." He had a turned ankle, black eye (from his partner's elbow) and both shoulders were rubbed "raw" (from his partner standing on them).

 

I told him that he should have stayed with a safer sport, like football! :D

He had a turned ankle, black eye (from his partner's elbow) and both shoulders were rubbed "raw" (from his partner standing on them).

 

Are you sure he went to cheerleading camp? That sounds like he was pledging a fraternity to me.

  • Author
Actually, that is true. Not only do the statistics bear that out, but also my son's experience.

 

My son just got finished with 2-a-days with U.K.'s cheerleaders. I have never seen him so "beat-up." He had a turned ankle, black eye (from his partner's elbow) and both shoulders were rubbed "raw" (from his partner standing on them).

 

I told him that he should have stayed with a safer sport, like football! :D

 

Man, that's funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ylsuper:

That sounds like a CULTURAL issue, not a public/private issue.
Actually, it is a public/private issue. The problem is, it kind of flies in the face of GoBigRed's argument on soccer. The private schools are also affected by the same cultural and social situations as public systems like Mayfield, yet the same schools that tend to dominate football, dominate soccer as well.

So, swamp rat, are you saying that Divine Intervention is to blame for privates' soccer success?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.