July 12, 200620 yr I have a question for fans of private schools. I would like to say that I'm a distant fan of T & X and I enjoyed pre-season games against Male and I value your opinion on this. I like it that we all play ball together but even you have to admit that you do have an advantage with the number of players. In pratice you can have a whole offense and defense not see one another all day and still run your drills with the second string players "Big advantage" Seniors players coming out of the game and a Senior player going back in. Some of your players are in the game for maybe 20 to 25 snaps where other teams best players are in for 45 to 50 snaps "Big advantage" and most of all and this is your greatest advantage "Winning" not that you should ever change that. But any ways just wanted to let you know where I stand on these issues before I pose the question......................Thanks. "Again this is a social issue and I pose this question, If all of the private school folks want a seperate education, and high school experience then why must we compete on the same sports field? You want different rules for everything else in education but not sports, why? ANSWER THIS QUESTION?????"
July 12, 200620 yr I have a question for fans of private schools. I would like to say that I'm a distant fan of T & X and I enjoyed pre-season games against Male and I value your opinion on this. I like it that we all play ball together but even you have to admit that you do have an advantage with the number of players. In pratice you can have a whole offense and defense not see one another all day and still run your drills with the second string players "Big advantage" Seniors players coming out of the game and a Senior player going back in. Some of your players are in the game for maybe 20 to 25 snaps where other teams best players are in for 45 to 50 snaps "Big advantage" and most of all and this is your greatest advantage "Winning" not that you should ever change that. But any ways just wanted to let you know where I stand on these issues before I pose the question......................Thanks. "Again this is a social issue and I pose this question, If all of the private school folks want a seperate education, and high school experience then why must we compete on the same sports field? You want different rules for everything else in education but not sports, why? ANSWER THIS QUESTION?????" The private schools are Ky high schools. As such they play under the same rules as all other high schools. There are a large number of school districts and systems across the state. The bottom line is that the private schools want to play against all other high schools for very practical reasons. There aren't enough private high schools to have separate leagues. There is another issue that questions the premise of your question. There is no need for the private schools to justify their desire to compete. If someone wants to evict them the burden of finding a reason falls on the segregationists.
July 12, 200620 yr I like TA's answer. As the premise for your argument you use the issue of squad sizes. Please enlighten me where there is a rule anywhere that says that public schools can't have 80-100 kids on their rosters. If the public schools can't or don't have enough participation from the student body to field a team with enough kids to platoon do you propose separating all schools that do?
July 12, 200620 yr The private schools are Ky high schools. As such they play under the same rules as all other high schools. There are a large number of school districts and systems across the state. The bottom line is that the private schools want to play against all other high schools for very practical reasons. There aren't enough private high schools to have separate leagues. There is another issue that questions the premise of your question. There is no need for the private schools to justify their desire to compete. If someone wants to evict them the burden of finding a reason falls on the segregationists. Yeah, but you didn't answer his question, if private schools don't want to be under the KY guidelines for educational reasons meaning CATS scores and KY Dept of Educational guidelines mandated by the state, then just because there aren't enough schools to compete isn't a very good argument because the private schools have created this situation themselves.
July 12, 200620 yr Too much is made of the "private" school option. Every parent essentially chooses a school that they are comfortable with based on where they buy a house or choose to live. People move to Ft Mitchell and Ft Thomas specifically for the educational opportunities provided by the public school system. Others choose private schools for the same reason. So, your basis for your question is invalid IMO.
July 12, 200620 yr Yeah, but you didn't answer his question, if private schools don't want to be under the KY guidelines for educational reasons meaning CATS scores and KY Dept of Educational guidelines mandated by the state, then just because there aren't enough schools to compete isn't a very good argument because the private schools have created this situation themselves. Our students still must meed the educational credit requirements set by the state. In addition, they must meet additional credit requirements set by the school. We may not participate in CATS testing, but we still must meet the requirements.
July 12, 200620 yr I like it that we all play ball together but even you have to admit that you do have an advantage with the number of players. In pratice you can have a whole offense and defense not see one another all day and still run your drills with the second string players "Big advantage" Seniors players coming out of the game and a Senior player going back in. Some of your players are in the game for maybe 20 to 25 snaps where other teams best players are in for 45 to 50 snaps "Big advantage" and most of all and this is your greatest advantage "Winning" not that you should ever change that. But any ways just wanted to let you know where I stand on these issues before I pose the question......................Thanks. LTW - if I was leading the public school charge, I would come up with something better than what appears to be nothing more than excuses. Nothing you list above has anything to do with public vs private.
July 12, 200620 yr Our students still must meed the educational credit requirements set by the state. In addition, they must meet additional credit requirements set by the school. We may not participate in CATS testing, but we still must meet the requirements. Only because your board decides that, not because you have to. I could go build a school that primarily focuses on athletics and education is a secondary thing, just get the students by with whatever grade they need to play ball. You don't think we would attract all the best athletes if this school existed? I am not sure what the guidelines are that the KHSAA sets forth for student/athletes, but I am sure that the big issue is the grades they maintain and if this school was formed up that was basically a talent pool of athletes was allowed in the KHSAA, would that be fair to the rest of the schools?
July 12, 200620 yr Only because your board decides that, not because you have to. I could go build a school that primarily focuses on athletics and education is a secondary thing, just get the students by with whatever grade they need to play ball. You don't think we would attract all the best athletes if this school existed? I am not sure what the guidelines are that the KHSAA sets forth for student/athletes, but I am sure that the big issue is the grades they maintain and if this school was formed up that was basically a talent pool of athletes was allowed in the KHSAA, would that be fair to the rest of the schools? By all means feel free to start your school. If you can convince people to send their kids to a "jock factory" that doesn't educate them, have at it. By the way, good luck with accredidation.
July 12, 200620 yr Only because your board decides that, not because you have to. I could go build a school that primarily focuses on athletics and education is a secondary thing, just get the students by with whatever grade they need to play ball. You don't think we would attract all the best athletes if this school existed? I am not sure what the guidelines are that the KHSAA sets forth for student/athletes, but I am sure that the big issue is the grades they maintain and if this school was formed up that was basically a talent pool of athletes was allowed in the KHSAA, would that be fair to the rest of the schools? With all due respect, this may be the most absurd argument yet posted concerning the public/private split.
July 12, 200620 yr Author LTW - if I was leading the public school charge, I would come up with something better than what appears to be nothing more than excuses. Nothing you list above has anything to do with public vs private. I wasn't trying to lead anything. I make it clear that I wasn't for the split of schools. I was only pointing out some "Advantages" that are somewhat a control issue. Again smaller school population does weigh in here but as stated your tradition of "Winning" against smaller schools is documented but having trouble winning against schools of your same size. A few years ago when Brian Brohm was a senior QB your record went 0-4 for the first four games playing some of the best teams no doubt but still had a #1 ranking in the state which in turn proved to be correct. You had a dominated team even though you went 0-4. I just wanted an answer to question that was asked on another site because I believe and value the opinions of the poster here I wasn't trying to call anyone out or throw fuel on a fire I was going to post the answer on the other site. I was just stating some obivous things that make you dominate over smaller schools. I believe in the not so far future you will not dominate the schools like in past because the interest in football in this state has become more and more interesting to young kids and their willingness to put in that "Rudy" effort is coming which in my opinion is what your kids have had all along. No one had an answer to the question and I knew someone on here would be able to have a diffinity answer........................LTW.
July 12, 200620 yr I wasn't trying to lead anything. I make it clear that I wasn't for the split of schools. I was only pointing out some "Advantages" that are somewhat a control issue. Again smaller school population does weigh in here but as stated your tradition of "Winning" against smaller schools is documented but having trouble winning against schools of your same size. A few years ago when Brian Brohm was a senior QB your record went 0-4 for the first four games playing some of the best teams no doubt but still had a #1 ranking in the state which in turn proved to be correct. You had a dominated team even though you went 0-4. I just wanted an answer to question that was asked on another site because I believe and value the opinions of the poster here I wasn't trying to call anyone out or throw fuel on a fire I was going to post the answer on the other site. I was just stating some obivous things that make you dominate over smaller schools. I believe in the not so far future you will not dominate the schools like in past because the interest in football in this state has become more and more interesting to young kids and their willingness to put in that "Rudy" effort is coming which in my opinion is what your kids have had all along. No one had an answer to the question and I knew someone on here would be able to have a diffinity answer........................LTW. The bolded part of your answer is SUCH an important statement, and lends itself to the point that a lot of private school supporters try to get across. Yes, we have more players on our rosters. Yes, we have more boys in our schools. BUT, we are not all-star teams. We don't feed a disproportionate number of players into D-1 programs. What we DO do very well, is develop teams of kids who believe, who are disciplined, who possess the fundamentals, and who have to compete daily for their positions. Those things are achievable within any school, public or private. And many public schools have the same philosophy. Boyle County and Danville come to mind. Highlands, Male, Manual, Warren Central...
July 12, 200620 yr I wasn't trying to lead anything. I make it clear that I wasn't for the split of schools. I was only pointing out some "Advantages" that are somewhat a control issue. Again smaller school population does weigh in here but as stated your tradition of "Winning" against smaller schools is documented but having trouble winning against schools of your same size. A few years ago when Brian Brohm was a senior QB your record went 0-4 for the first four games playing some of the best teams no doubt but still had a #1 ranking in the state which in turn proved to be correct. You had a dominated team even though you went 0-4. I just wanted an answer to question that was asked on another site because I believe and value the opinions of the poster here I wasn't trying to call anyone out or throw fuel on a fire I was going to post the answer on the other site. I was just stating some obivous things that make you dominate over smaller schools. I believe in the not so far future you will not dominate the schools like in past because the interest in football in this state has become more and more interesting to young kids and their willingness to put in that "Rudy" effort is coming which in my opinion is what your kids have had all along. No one had an answer to the question and I knew someone on here would be able to have a diffinity answer........................LTW. The interest in football in this state is dropping, I don't know where you see kids wanting to play football over soccer. Soccer is so much more attracive, you don't get hurt as easily and so much cheaper to put on games.
July 12, 200620 yr Author The bolded part of your answer is SUCH an important statement, and lends itself to the point that a lot of private school supporters try to get across. Yes, we have more players on our rosters. Yes, we have more boys in our schools. BUT, we are not all-star teams. We don't feed a disproportionate number of players into D-1 programs. What we DO do very well, is develop teams of kids who believe, who are disciplined, who possess the fundamentals, and who have to compete daily for their positions. Those things are achievable within any school, public or private. And many public schools have the same philosophy. Boyle County and Danville come to mind. Highlands, Male, Manual, Warren Central... I agree with you 100% plus..............................:thumb: That's why I'm a distant fan of X & T because of your fan base and your kids willing to give everything they got for that "TEAMS" success. Gotta tip you hat to that and we see two of those teams every year (Boyle and Danville) and use to see Male preseason. It shows what effort has to be made.
July 12, 200620 yr Author The interest in football in this state is dropping, I don't know where you see kids wanting to play football over soccer. Soccer is so much more attracive, you don't get hurt as easily and so much cheaper to put on games. 8 to 10 schools this year will be playing football again or for the first time ever. The increase of football scholarship being giving to "Kentucky kids in football " have been and are on the up swing over the last 5 years. Those two things alone shows more interest in football IMO.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.