Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Holy Cross 61 Cooper 55

Featured Replies

Big shakeup in the 9th rankings coming up? NCC or HC at the top? Congratulations to the Indians on the win.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big shakeup in the 9th rankings coming up? NCC or HC at the top? Congratulations to the Indians on the win.

 

It's sure to make for a good discussion as we have some pieces of the puzzle that can't be denied in their favor, but still not enough to be for certain.

 

It'll be interesting to see if any team rises from the pack, but so far with the Top 5 (or 6 and possibly even 7), it's looking like an "Any given night" season is in the works.

 

What looked good on paper at the beginning of the month is already looking in some ways like it's not worth the paper it was written on, but of course it's still early.

 

From top to bottom the 9th might not look like the most strongest statewide as in recent years, but within it still looks to have the makings of an exciting competitive season.

I'm guessing that all the talk of "bringing 3 new ones in" is about the refs.

I'm guessing that all the talk of "bringing 3 new ones in" is about the refs.

 

Correcto.....that was just a little side joke about the officiating. HC played well on both ends of court and took advantage of all opportunities.

Is there anyone left that doesn't put holy Cross in the to 5 in the ninth? With wins over the top teams in the 9th and 10th, somebody gotta show some love .... Don't they?

Is there anyone left that doesn't put holy Cross in the to 5 in the ninth? With wins over the top teams in the 9th and 10th, somebody gotta show some love .... Don't they?

 

Holy Cross is arguably playing the best basketball in the region right now. I'm sure the coaches will take notice. I know I will in my upcoming rankings.

Hats off to Holy Cross on a very good win. The game was a battle both ways and despite the absolute poor officiating (for BOTH teams) the players managed to play through it. The key for HC was the 10pts they got off the pick and roll which Cooper failed to stop. HC is for real and this is probably the best HC team with the potential to make it out of their district I've seen in a long time. Congrats to both teams and good luck the rest of the way!

On a lighter note is was good to see Hendrix going up against his NKY Select AAU teammates in Schrand, Bezold, and Jakubowski, loved their competitive but friendly battle. They will be friends for life I'm sure.

I've been wanting to catch a Holy Cross game. I think this team is capable of big things and could be that team that finally gets into the regional tournament. However, it'll be interesting to see if they out-think themselves against CovCath and Holmes.

I've been wanting to catch a Holy Cross game. I think this team is capable of big things and could be that team that finally gets into the regional tournament. However, it'll be interesting to see if they out-think themselves against CovCath and Holmes.

 

While the above may be true I think the bigger question will CCH and Holmes underestimate HC given the recent history of not making it to the regional tourney? I will say this, if either does they will be in for a big surprise and a loss.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.