Bracken County Hosting 10th Region Possible?

Since the girls region draws less attendance, would it be at all possible to host the 10th Region Girls Baseball Tournament at the Igloo? If you've been to a district game you will see that it is packed to capacity, but only because: 1- Boy/Girl Double Header, 2-All 4 teams are less than 20 minutes away, 3- Close games/Rivals

During the 39th district in 2014 (at Bracken Co.) had these in paid attendance for Boy/Girl Doubleheader, Not counting free passes:

Session 1(Bracken/St. Pat)- 462

Session 2(Mason/Augusta)- 1185

Session 3(G-Bracken/Mason, B-Bracken/Augusta)- 1448

Now for the 2014 10th Region Tournament Total Attendance with passes

Session 1- 1390

Session 2- 1008

Session 3- 1446

Session 4- 827

Note that Session 3 for the boys had more attendance than any day for the girls, and the 1448 was without passes, with passes it would have been around 1650. 200 more people than the highest girls game

The KHSAA website states that The Igloo can hold 2000, but we know that limit has been broken. For the parking, they ran shuttle buses from the middle and elementary school. They are already hosting this year's boys and girls Class A Tournament, so am I crazy to think Bracken County could host girls region? What's your thoughts?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear look at the attendance numbers for last season girls region in Winchester. See how they compare if you have access to that info.

What's the seating capacity at GRC and CCMS?

I like your idea!!

Campbell County Gymnasium holds 1500, don't know which gym it is referring to. GRC Letcher Norton gym holds 4500

Feel like there wasn't even enough room at GRC last year and I doubt there will be enough at Campbell this year.

The districts get to pick each year and you can't take it from the Fieldhouse and move it to the Igloo. Brooksville is capable of holding districts but definitely not Regional.

Feel like there wasn't even enough room at GRC last year and I doubt there will be enough at Campbell this year.

The districts get to pick each year and you can't take it from the Fieldhouse and move it to the Igloo. Brooksville is capable of holding districts but definitely not Regional.

Looks good on paper :banana:

From what I see more people went to the district final than any game of girls region in 2014.

It may look good on paper but if you attended the semi-final and final game last year at GRC you'd understand why. Mason Co wouldn't let it go to the Igloo anytime soon from the 39th with the talent they have now and coming up the next 7+ years.

Bracken County should have built the gym bigger in '97 because it's a huge part in the community. Believe it or not Augusta used to host the Girls District tournament

The Campbell County Middle School holds in the neighborhood of 3500.

It has hosted the 10th Region Girls Tournament in the past. I remember our girls (Brossart) winning the tournament there back in 2001 defeating Estill County in the finals before a packed house.

They may have hosted several since.

The old 9th Region tournament was held there on several occasions in rotation with Holmes and Conner.

I know people don't think about this but what about an athletic trainer? It still amazes Mason Co does not have one on site for the regional tournaments and EMS is NOT an athletic trainer. In my opinion if you want to host you need to not only have the size of the gym but the support staff as well.

I know people don't think about this but what about an athletic trainer? It still amazes Mason Co does not have one on site for the regional tournaments and EMS is NOT an athletic trainer. In my opinion if you want to host you need to not only have the size of the gym but the support staff as well.

Mason County has a full time athletic trainer now.