Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Woman hits and pours coffee on Muslims

Featured Replies

I apologize to you sir. I had you confused with another poster.

 

No problem, I've done that myself a few times.

That is another area I criticize Islam on. Even the most far right Southern Baptists speak out against Westboro but Muslims never criticize their most extreme in their faith. Even Muhammad Ali is slow to speak out and be is the most influential Muslim in the US. Is it a cultural thing, is you don't criticize your own even when you know they are wrong? Is it fear of retribution, ie you don't want your head separated from your shoulders?

 

Fear would be my best guess. I don't know that I would have the courage to put myself and my family at risk in that situation.

That is another area I criticize Islam on. Even the most far right Southern Baptists speak out against Westboro but Muslims never criticize their most extreme in their faith. Even Muhammad Ali is slow to speak out and be is the most influential Muslim in the US. Is it a cultural thing, is you don't criticize your own even when you know they are wrong? Is it fear of retribution, ie you don't want your head separated from your shoulders?

 

Actually the SBC never spoke out vs Rev Wylie who wanted to pray for the demise of Obama nor did they say anything to Ronnie Floyd when he pushed to have Bill Clinton church censured because they would not remove him from the roll. I could also mention the silence when Falwell blamed 9/11 on gas and others.

I don't see everyone on here complaining about what people do to the homeless people, but because it's a Muslim it's news.

They are following an extremely strict interpretation of the Koran. Fortunately Jews do not follow a strict interpretation of the old testament otherwise they would do things that would appall most everyone on this board also.

 

The Muslims I have met that work in research at University of Louisville Speed School or are Medical Doctors in the Louisville area hospitals or taught me in college do no follow this extreme interpretation. I never have understood why some don't get that. Now on the flip side, the percentage of Muslims who DO agree with such an extreme theology is very possibly higher than the tiny percent many like to believe.

 

In general terms, the Muslims who are highly educated (MD's, Ph.D's) are of no risk as far as I am concerned. The Muslims who come from impoverished areas were there is virtually no formal education are where extremist views can grab hold of those who in some ways don't know any different and their lack of education makes them easy prey for such views.

 

I get what you're saying, I really do, because I hate myself for what I'm about to say. But how many of those educated Muslims are saying all the right things in public as American citizens yet sending money back to the ME to support terrorist activities? That money is coming from somewhere.

So how is saying radical Muslim jihadists not clear enough? That's about as clear as one can get.

 

I approve of your label, Cap.

I get what you're saying, I really do, because I hate myself for what I'm about to say. But how many of those educated Muslims are saying all the right things in public as American citizens yet sending money back to the ME to support terrorist activities? That money is coming from somewhere.

 

I have no doubt a small percentage of them could be doing so but I always assumed the money was coming from oil rich nations that really don't like us. Notice I said assume, I really don't know.

  • Author

I didn't want to start another thread so I'll add this here;

 

I have been working the past three Bengals home games and as everyone eas leaving at the end of the game, there were some outrageous slurs against Muslims. It was a feels isolated incidents, but still. One of the times there was a male, a female with a burka (the kind that they have their whole face showing) with two little kids, and two jerks about 20 feet behind them yelling/cussing Muslims slurs at them for no reason. I feel bad for people in those situations, but I really feel bad for those kids.

  • Author
That money is coming from somewhere.

 

You buy gas for your vehicle? You're supporting it at least a little.

 

It is changing, but about 3-4 years ago 1 out of every 4 times you gassed up you're sending money over there. Hopefully it will continue to decrease. The groups like OPEC can't control the prices like they once did. Heck, one theory that some believe is one of the reasons Putin is causing havoc is to drive up be oil prices, and it's not working. (I bought gas a couple days ago for about $1.50 per gallon).

 

Besides Syria and Russia, Saudi Arabia is looking the other way at least a little, there is about a 80 mile stretch of their border that they were not watching.

 

But the Saudi Kingdom is in a bad spot, if groups like IS and A.Q. think that they are too liberal then all bets are off and the Kingdom will fall. The Saudi's are already paying them off a little for them to keep somewhat quiet in S.A., for now.

I know most won't be interested, but the guy who does Humans of New York traveled to Turkey recently and he is sharing some of the refugee's stories on social media.

I know most won't be interested, but the guy who does Humans of New York traveled to Turkey recently and he is sharing some of the refugee's stories on social media.

 

HONY is one of my favorite follows on Facebook along with Berkley Breathed/Bloom County.

I know most won't be interested, but the guy who does Humans of New York traveled to Turkey recently and he is sharing some of the refugee's stories on social media.

 

HONY is one of my favorite follows on Facebook along with Berkley Breathed/Bloom County.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.