Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Augusta 98 Bracken County 94 (2 OT)

Featured Replies

No question Austin was best player on the floor. Having watched him for two years, I know he can shoot outside the paint. However, for the life of me, I only recall him taking one shot last night longer than 7-8 ft. range which was the three he hit in the 2nd qtr. To my point, the kid penetrated at will and has a soft touch around the rim. He didn't need to shoot anything outside and he chose the sure penetration and score. Smart player in Round 1.

 

IMO Round 2, whenever that is, will be a tough task for both teams. Basketball fans should mark this game as a must see! Augusta's seniors will have more time under new coach, while best player in region under arguably best coach (Hinson) will be playing better with an anticipated superior team game. Both of these teams could be 10th Regional threats. Shame District doesn't seed to better the chances that the two best teams advance. It is early in the season, but Mason might be #3?

 

Agree on all points. Especially the bolded.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I attended the game cause a brother-in-law of mine invited me to go along, his niece plays for the Lady Panthers, I enjoyed myself the boys game is what high school basketball should be. Great game between 2 good teams.

Agree on all points. Especially the bolded.

 

The next two weeks will speak for themselves.

The next two weeks will speak for themselves.

 

Indeed they will. Some good games coming up before the Holidays.

Love seeing the 39th be a 3 team race!!

Love seeing the 39th be a 3 team race!!

 

As do I, but I will be interested to see what Mason will have when they get it all together.

As do I, but I will be interested to see what Mason will have when they get it all together.

 

Agreed. I still think it's a 3 team race. Order could change a bit.

The next two weeks will speak for themselves.

 

Fully understand what you're implying, but Coach Hinson has proven over the last 3-4 years, that what happens in December, can have little resemblance, to what happens in Feb.

Fully understand what you're implying, but Coach Hinson has proven over the last 3-4 years, that what happens in December, can have little resemblance, to what happens in Feb.

 

He's proven it every year he has been a coach.

Fully understand what you're implying, but Coach Hinson has proven over the last 3-4 years, that what happens in December, can have little resemblance, to what happens in Feb.

 

I wasn't implying anything? Mason plays Bracken next week and Augusta the week after, was just simply stating facts. BrooksvilleBear knows my opinion on the way things stand right now and I would not be shocked by any outcome of those games regardless of who wins them.

 

In fact I do believe Mason should be the underdog going into both of them unless they catch some attention Friday night when Scott comes to town. But only time will tell with all 3 teams.

I wasn't implying anything? Mason plays Bracken next week and Augusta the week after, was just simply stating facts. BrooksvilleBear knows my opinion on the way things stand right now and I would not be shocked by any outcome of those games regardless of who wins them.

 

In fact I do believe Mason should be the underdog going into both of them unless they catch some attention Friday night when Scott comes to town. But only time will tell with all 3 teams.

 

That's what I meant.

That's what I meant.

 

Mason and Bracken have a little more to figure out than Augusta does IMO and Mason may have to most to figure out than the 3. A new coach and an inexperienced team at the varsity level. They'll slip up a couple times, but as long as they learn from the slip ups and improve then so be it. After all it's a marathon not a sprint.

  • Author
Mason and Bracken have a little more to figure out than Augusta does IMO and Mason may have to most to figure out than the 3. A new coach and an inexperienced team at the varsity level. They'll slip up a couple times, but as long as they learn from the slip ups and improve then so be it. After all it's a marathon not a sprint.

 

I pretty well agree with this, though I do think all 3 have some things to work through because of new coaches for each. Mason probably has the most to figure out because they lost so much more than both Bracken & Augusta.

 

I was impressed with Augusta's composure last night. They didn't seem to get rattled much, though the atmosphere was wild. They looked a lot better than what I saw against Bourbon County.

It was one of the best games I have ever seen in Bracken and Augusta rival. Great atmosphere and both teams refusing to lose. Big shoot after big shoot. But still with this talk about Bracken being a region contender right now I would have to disagree been in close games but haven't won any as of yet. One thing I noticed about Bracken is coach Hinson already has them playing tougher and with more heart. Austin Crawford is a great player but if supporting cast doesn't step up they will continue to lose. Everyone keeps putting mason behind them and I don't agree is it because coach Hinson. These kids have never hung close with mason and I don't expect it to change because of new coach . Bracken has always feared mason even if they had a better team than them . I just don't believe mason / Bracken game will even be close.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.