Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockcastle County vs. Corbin....Week 1

Featured Replies

Just wanted to know how everyone thinks this game, which will be the first game of the Bob Allen Pigskin Classic at Danville's Admiral Stadium, will go???

 

I like Rockcastle County by 10. (27-17)

 

How will the addition of T.R. Christopher from Bell County help the Redhounds?

 

How will the Rockets react behind the helm of a new QB for the first time in 3 years? (Matthew Burkhart was behind center for the Rockets the last 3 seasons and is now continuing his career at Union College.)

 

Also...can the Rockets stay healthy this season? If so, how much better can they be compared to last year's team?

  • Replies 74
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Rockcastle County by 10. (27-17)

If that is the score then Rockcastle isn't a top 5 team in AAA. I think Rockcastle will win the game easily by 3-4 touchdowns (35-7).

If that is the score then Rockcastle isn't a top 5 team in AAA. I think Rockcastle will win the game easily by 3-4 touchdowns (35-7).

 

I would have to agree with you. With RC having that o-line returning, it's gonna be a long night trying to stop the run for the hounds.

How will the addition of T.R. Christopher from Bell County help the Redhounds?

 

 

Is he going to be eligible?

  • Author

The only reason why I stated the score to be like it is was cause this is a big rivalry game, the first game of the season AND I really didn't know what Corbin had returning.

 

Could someone that knows about the Redhounds please enlighten us as to who will be back?

This matchup has traditionally been a bloodbath. I think this years game will be no different. Rock should have one of their best teams but, Corbin will (as always) be tough. My guess is that the Rockcastle power game will tire the Redhounds especially this early in the season with the summer heat.

 

Rock 24

Corbin 12

Hounds in a barnburner....Corbin 13 Rockcastle 12.....Cashen connects with Madon late for the Hounds to take the win..

Hounds in a barnburner....Corbin 13 Rockcastle 12.....Cashen connects with Madon late for the Hounds to take the win..

 

Rock may be big this year but they will have a tough time stopping the legs of michael Campbell up the middle. he will be a 3 - 4 yard gain every time.

It will be close but i have to go with Corbin in a close one. 14-7

I will not predict a score or a winner, but will only say that the win could go to either team. Aug 19 is a long way down the road. Anything can happen to either team by then. Hopefully, neither team will suffer an injury to any player that will result in them not playing, but if that is the case it could have a great bearing. Rock lsot 6 players due to injuries last year. Corbin lost their QB for the first few games. Hopefully both teams will enter the game with full force and may the best team WIN.

I really look for Rock to win this one fairly easily. I think Corbin will be a very good team, but with additions like Christopher it may take them a while to mesh together. Right now Rock is the team to beat in the region, although Bell will also be solid. (sorry a little off subject).

Will Christopher even be in uniform for the Redhounds. I have heard some strong messages saying he will not be ruled eligible and will not be playing for the Hounds this season?

Christopher's move is a legit move and the state can do nothing about that from what I am told.

 

As for the Rockcastle game, it will be one that you cannot predict in my opinion. The same thing was being said 2 year ago when Corbin and Rock faced off. Everyone was predicting Rock to win by 2 and 3 touchdowns and before you know it, Corbin was up 42-7 before pulling the starters and going on to win 42-22. I by no means am saying this will happen again because it more than likely won't.

 

I will say that when Corbin and Rock meet up, 9 times out of 10, it's a toss up and that 1 out of 10 was 2 years ago when Corbin put one on them. This time around it should be a great game as always. On paper Rock should be the favorite but there is always something that gets these teams to bring it up another level when they see those Red and Silver or Red White and Blue jerseys. I've said it once and I'll say it again. These two teams SHOULD PLAY EVERY YEAR!

Christopher's move is a legit move and the state can do nothing about that from what I am told.

 

Even though it may be a legitimate move, some people have really been working hard trying to convince him that he will not be able to play this year for Corbin. Hopefully things will work out for him and he will be on the field for someone when the season begins.

Hounds will win.

Hounds will win.

 

If the Hounds win the Rock might as well stop the talk of getting to the AAA state championship game. Corbin isn't considered by most to be a top 10-2A team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.