December 3, 201510 yr I know right. I just woke up so I naturally edited and added a lot to that post. But yes. A lot of folks don't realize how far ahead of the curve KY is in law enforcement training and tactics. I didn't realize it for the longest time but it's true.
December 3, 201510 yr Personally I would shoot them or die trying. Same. Couldn't live with myself if I didn't try something. If I die, hopefully take many of them with me to meet God. For those also saying they would engage the shooter(s), keep in mind when the police show up, if they see your gun in your hand, they will most likely assume you are one of the shooters in the chaos and probably shoot you. I have decided that is a risk worth taking but would have my head on a swivel the entire time to try to notice the police before they notice me.
December 3, 201510 yr I think the idea of barricading is to do it in a way the shooters couldn't get in...not just jumping in a closet and shutting a door. Many schools and some businesses now have devices to secure their doors in case of an active shooter, that's more in line with what I think she meant. Also to follow up on my reply from last night. Are these secure doors your talking about bomb proof? More and more of these shootings involve improvised explosives. Basically my point is, if a heavily armed shooter/terrorist really wants in a locked room, they're gonna get in 9 times out of 10. Once they're in your essentially a sitting duck.
December 3, 201510 yr I just woke up so I naturally edited and added a lot to that post. But yes. A lot of folks don't realize how far ahead of the curve KY is in law enforcement training and tactics. I didn't realize it for the longest time but it's true. At least in my day one officer was good enough to counter attack. You candy apples need a thunder buddy...
December 3, 201510 yr At least in my day one officer was good enough to counter attack. You candy apples need a thunder buddy... You know no one is waiting if they can stop a threat. Also smart enough to know a bullet to the back of the head can put you down quick.
December 3, 201510 yr Also to follow up on my reply from last night. Are these secure doors your talking about bomb proof? More and more of these shootings involve improvised explosives. Basically my point is, if a heavily armed shooter/terrorist really wants in a locked room, they're gonna get in 9 times out of 10. Once they're in your essentially a sitting duck. Man you are fixated on this...if Fleeing isn't an option you don't think trying to barricade your self in a room is a better option than not trying to barricade the door shut? Of course if they have breaching charges or explosives they may get through...but remember they want to cause as much damage as quickly as possible because the Calvary is on the way...if they get to a door they can't get easily they will in all likelihood go to the next door. In a perfect world you would have a 5 minute warning, have your firearm with you, a ballistic vest and a bomb proof door along with an escape hatch...but short of that, your options in most cases should be Flee, Hide/Barricade or Fight in that order. But what do you do when the shooter is in the hall way and there is no way out except passing him? In many cases people don't realize what is going on until the shooter is right on top of them.
December 3, 201510 yr Anytime you take a defensive position (Hide in this case) you also have to make use of whatever potential offense you have to fight with. In other words, keep planning, this is a never ending matrix of Flee, Hide, Fight and any of those three options could be the best/only one at a given point.
December 3, 201510 yr Author Carry a Zebra F-701 pen, as well as have them at your desk. It's strong steel and can be used as a weapon, it will be able to pass a TSA check point as well. Under $5 per pen.
December 3, 201510 yr Man you are fixated on this...if Fleeing isn't an option you don't think trying to barricade your self in a room is a better option than not trying to barricade the door shut? Of course if they have breaching charges or explosives they may get through...but remember they want to cause as much damage as quickly as possible because the Calvary is on the way...if they get to a door they can't get easily they will in all likelihood go to the next door. In a perfect world you would have a 5 minute warning, have your firearm with you, a ballistic vest and a bomb proof door along with an escape hatch...but short of that, your options in most cases should be Flee, Hide/Barricade or Fight in that order. But what do you do when the shooter is in the hall way and there is no way out except passing him? In many cases people don't realize what is going on until the shooter is right on top of them. I'm not fixated on this at all. If I were I would have brought it up on my own, rather to responding to other comments. The best analogy I can think of is a burglar. If one wants in your home and you are unarmed they will get in if they are determined to do so. Same thing with a terrorist with explosives, if they want to breach a locked door, they can. While some would like to run and hide, personally I would not want to be a sitting duck if and when the door is breached. There comes my philosophy against these "gun free" zones. Outside of courthouses, jails, and any other place that has trained people armed, I don't agree with them. Had only a few if these county officials been armed yesterday, I imagine the death toll would have been much lower, as theu (the shooters) woukd have to taken cover themselves. It would have been a completely different situation as they would have had to take cover themselves. As far as the question about what do you do when your trapped in a hallway with the shooter. The simple answer is you shoot back. However these people did not have that option, as they obeyed the law and left their gins at home.
December 3, 201510 yr Anytime you take a defensive position (Hide in this case) you also have to make use of whatever potential offense you have to fight with. In other words, keep planning, this is a never ending matrix of Flee, Hide, Fight and any of those three options could be the best/only one at a given point. But if your not allowed to have a gun in the building and assuming you abided by that what are your going to fight back with? A couch cusion?
December 4, 201510 yr Gun free zones = target practice for the bad guys and certain death for the good guys. What a great idea...thought of by idiots.
December 4, 201510 yr But if your not allowed to have a gun in the building and assuming you abided by that what are your going to fight back with? A couch cusion? Maybe the couch leg. It is whatever you can find to fight with. You set it up so you have an element of surprise.
December 4, 201510 yr Maybe the couch leg. It is whatever you can find to fight with. You set it up so you have an element of surprise. I'd rather give the couch leg to other innocents ant tell them to use it to bust through the window to get out, while I'm in a shooting stance behind the table I turned over for cover. Just sayin..
December 4, 201510 yr I'd rather give the couch leg to other innocents ant tell them to use it to bust through the window to get out, while I'm in a shooting stance behind the table I turned over for cover. Just sayin.. Sure Fluid situation
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.