Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Good eats in Bowling Green?

Featured Replies

Any locals provide any insight into some good local places to eat there? Last year we stumbled upon Gondolier restaurant and loved it, but we now have one in Paducah so looking for something else, what you got?

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double dawgs

I think there was a post made in another thread about this very topic. Bowling Green has all that you want and then some. Matter of fact (someone correct me if this is wrong), but some years back I think BG was said to have more restaurants per capita than any town/city in the entire country.

 

There are things BG is, and things it isn't (though, not much it isn't), but good restaurants and plenty of them isn't something you have to worry about.

 

Head down Scottsville Road and take your picks.

Two places that I found this summer.....Montana Grill on Scottsville Road is a pretty good steak house. Teavana is "downtown" and had excellent gumbo.

Back of my truck, under our canopy. Going to be tailgating at the game. :dancingpa

Double Dogs.

  • Author

Double dogs looks great, although I do love cajun food, so is Teavana a cajun restaurant? I couldn't find much about it online.

Double dogs looks great, although I do love cajun food, so is Teavana a cajun restaurant? I couldn't find much about it online.

 

Tea Bayou has cajun too. There's a great little place called home cafe that has a real chef operating it.

for those that want a lighter meal, I have been informed by a local that Griff's deli is like a McCallister's on steroids (and its also local which is always better)

Toot's Sports Bar - The best wings I have ever had, sort of a cross between Hooters and BBW but with better wings. Saturday I plan to have wings and oysters on the half while watching WKU

El Mazatlan for good Mexican

Chuys for tex-mex

Montana Grill, Logans, Longhorn for steak

Raffertys, Applebees, Cheddars, Ruby Tuesday in whatever category you call that.

Corner Bakery is like Panera on steroids and theres a Panera too.

Judys Castle (local), Waffle house, IHOP, Cracker Barrel breakfast

Toot's Sports Bar - The best wings I have ever had, sort of a cross between Hooters and BBW but with better wings. Saturday I plan to have wings and oysters on the half while watching WKU

 

Toots has a GREAT catfish platter.

Sports atmospheres: Double Dawgs, Buffalo Wild Wings, Mr. Bs,Toots, Roosters, Overtime. All of these serve wings, burgers, etc.....Steak houses: Raffertys ,Montana Grill, Ocharlies,Logan's roadhouse, Longhorns, Applebee's and a couple of others. My mind has drawn a blank. Get on Scottsville Rd. And you can find anything you want. Lots of good Mexican places as well. Great to have everyone in town

My son went to WKU. His favorite was Double Dogs and we liked it too. There are lots of places down the main strip. We will be tailgating!

Tea Bayou is what is was! I had the name wrong. The food was excellent!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.