Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question for anyone that has seen Pikeville play

Featured Replies

How do the 2015 Panthers compare to the teams you have seen in the 1A State Title game the last few years? About the same level as those teams (both the winners and losers), better than those teams, worse than those teams?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still contend that the 2014 Pikeville team was the best team in EKY 1A and probably the best 1A Team in the State and just laid an egg against Paintsville..

 

The Pikeville fans may take exception, but I don't think this team is quite as good as last year's team... but the gap is minimal now that they have the Bataille kid at QB.

 

Defensive Front 7... Wash

QB... Wash

RB.. Wash

 

The difference between the two is I liked the 2014 Pikeville team better with Estep at WR and DB... Jarrell and the improvement of Vanderbeck softens the blow... but Estep was a greta HS player.

 

The 2014 team also was better in the kicking game.

 

I would consider the 2015 Pikeville team to be on the same level as both teams you saw in the 1A Finals last year (for their performance that day). I don't think this Pikeville team is as good as the 2013 Mayfield team.

  • Author
I still contend that the 2014 Pikeville team was the best team in EKY 1A and probably the best 1A Team in the State and just laid an egg against Paintsville..

 

The Pikeville fans may take exception, but I don't think this team is quite as good as last year's team... but the gap is minimal now that they have the Bataille kid at QB.

 

Defensive Front 7... Wash

QB... Wash

RB.. Wash

 

The difference between the two is I liked the 2014 Pikeville team better with Estep at WR and DB... Jarrell and the improvement of Vanderbeck softens the blow... but Estep was a greta HS player.

 

The 2014 team also was better in the kicking game.

 

I would consider the 2015 Pikeville team to be on the same level as both teams you saw in the 1A Finals last year (for their performance that day). I don't think this Pikeville team is as good as the 2013 Mayfield team.

 

If you are correct it should be one heck of a 1A State Title game.

If you are correct it should be one heck of a 1A State Title game.

 

The curiosity in the game for me will be Pikeville's Secondary.

 

Let's call it what it is...they haven't played any quality passing teams. Paintsville nor Hazard are close to what they will see. The best team they played overall was Belfry who threw it a total of 1 time.

 

If I were Beechwood, especially if my RB is hurt, I would come out gunning and see what I can get out of the gate. I also think if I were Beechwood I would bring the stable on Defense and dare Pikeville to throw downfield.

  • Author
The curiosity in the game for me will be Pikeville's Secondary.

 

Let's call it what it is...they haven't played any quality passing teams. Paintsville nor Hazard are close to what they will see. The best team they played overall was Belfry who threw it a total of 1 time.

 

If I were Beechwood, especially if my RB is hurt, I would come out gunning and see what I can get out of the gate. I also think if I were Beechwood I would bring the stable on Defense and dare Pikeville to throw downfield.

 

If Pikeville doesn't do a good job defending the pass and/or isn't balanced on offense let's go ahead and call it, Beechwood will win the game.

If Pikeville doesn't do a good job defending the pass and/or isn't balanced on offense let's go ahead and call it, Beechwood will win the game.

 

As I said, if I am Beechwood I am testing it out right from the jump.

 

Pikeville has balance on Offense...but that balance may or may not be predicated on Pugh running the ball to open the rest up. I would much rather take my chance with Bataille beating me than I would with Pugh pounding my LB'ers and DB's like a meat tenderizer

I know it's a cliche, but I think this game will be decided on special teams. And, if that is the case, Beechwood has the advantage. Pikeville's special teams scare me.

They are not huge, but they are tough and pretty quick. They can run or pass, not one dimensional. I would agree that they could play with either team from last year, and overall they remind me a lot of the 2011 Hazard team. They are a really nice 1A football team.

I know it's a cliche, but I think this game will be decided on special teams. And, if that is the case, Beechwood has the advantage. Pikeville's special teams scare me.

 

did someone say special teams deciding a 1A state championship?

 

No their not 1 dimensional but rely heavily on Pugh running the ball up the middle! QB has pretty good feet but I think he will be ran down a few times against BW! He does throw the ball very well! I think Beechwood will go to the air from the start and will probably be able to stay there most of the night with success but if BW can't contain Pugh it will be a long night because Pikeville doesn't care to feed him all game long and Pugh doesn't mind it either! Tuff Kid!!

I still contend that the 2014 Pikeville team was the best team in EKY 1A and probably the best 1A Team in the State and just laid an egg against Paintsville..

 

The Pikeville fans may take exception, but I don't think this team is quite as good as last year's team... but the gap is minimal now that they have the Bataille kid at QB.

 

Defensive Front 7... Wash

QB... Wash

RB.. Wash

 

The difference between the two is I liked the 2014 Pikeville team better with Estep at WR and DB... Jarrell and the improvement of Vanderbeck softens the blow... but Estep was a greta HS player.

 

The 2014 team also was better in the kicking game.

 

I would consider the 2015 Pikeville team to be on the same level as both teams you saw in the 1A Finals last year (for their performance that day). I don't think this Pikeville team is as good as the 2013 Mayfield team.

 

You're just saying that because 2014 Pikeville beat Belfry. I don't consider getting beat 30-6, laying an egg. Sounds more like a good old-fashioned spanking.

 

I think 2014 Mayfield could beat any Belfry team that ever played.:banana:

No Mayfield team would get beat by a team that they beat by 50 earlier in the season.

No Mayfield team would get beat by a team that they beat by 50 earlier in the season.

 

Went from 62-8 to 6-30. Best 1A team in the state!

I know it's a cliche, but I think this game will be decided on special teams. And, if that is the case, Beechwood has the advantage. Pikeville's special teams scare me.

 

I don't know if Beechwood has a return for a TD this season. That is very unusual for them. They have the return men that can do it.

 

I think the key to the game is Beechwood's defensive line. If they control the line, Paintsville is in trouble. We won't know till they line up how that is going to work out.

I don't know if Beechwood has a return for a TD this season. That is very unusual for them. They have the return men that can do it.

 

I think the key to the game is Beechwood's defensive line. If they control the line, Paintsville is in trouble. We won't know till they line up how that is going to work out.

 

Boy are they ever.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.