Bluegrasspreps' Preseason Top 20 Rankings

How close did other 9th teams come to making the list?

Not incredibly close.

Outside of Covcath, I don't know if there's a top 25 team in the 9th this year. Down year for the region, but next year there should be multiple teams in consideration, other than Covcath.

I would say that Bullitt East and Cov Cath are a little high. I'd put them at 9 & 10, respectively. I also think that Wayne should be around 12th. I believe Wayne matches up very well with both of those teams.

Overall, I think it looks really good. Nice to see Clay County in there. They are a top 20 team that other polls are failing to recognize.

I like the list for the most part. Though I have a couple of teams that I would've maybe switched around (Owen County in front of Ballard and Trinity, and Bullitt East and Cov. Cath towards the end of the top 10 and Hoptown a little higher), but ultimately I believe that the BGP rankings are much closer to reality to than the coaches ranking. Many coaches around the state aren't going to the KOB, LIT, Lexington Christmas tourney, etc. if they aren't in it themselves and are not relatively close to those sites geographically. Only 16 teams in the state can make it to Rupp. So for instance, there are probably plenty of coaches voting in Eastern, Western, or Northern KY that may vote Ballard high because they figure Ballard is always good. Or at one point last year, the 7th region had 4 teams in the top 10 (Trinity, Ballard, Manual, Central), but most only got to see Ballard because only one can make it to state. I think because more BGPrs actually have seen these teams live, they have a much better perspective than any other rankings in my opinion.

I think you mean in addition to CovCath (next year), right? They'll be good this year, they'll be much better next year.

Correct. Covcath is loaded next year. Possibly preseason #1 in the state. Their schedule will reflect that as well. I know they are travelling to Jersey to play in a tournament hosted by St Anthony.

I'd say Copper should be in the mix for top 20 next year as well with the return of McNeil, McNeil, Hendrix, and Kunkel along with several other talented freshmen/sophomores.

Owen County too low as they are a legit top 15 team. Clay County too high. I dont think Clay is in the top 25 this season with what they lost. The rest look fine for preseason.

What did Clay county lose, they are returning over 85% of there production from last year and lost only 1 starter. they also went toe to toe with Owen county this summer while missing 2 starters. Blake Smith and Carson Williams went at each other the entire game. I think the list is pretty solid. But we will see Clay plays Ballard early, will be a good measuring stick for them.

Correct. Covcath is loaded next year. Possibly preseason #1 in the state. Their schedule will reflect that as well. I know they are travelling to Jersey to play in a tournament hosted by St Anthony.

I'd say Copper should be in the mix for top 20 next year as well with the return of McNeil, McNeil, Hendrix, and Kunkel along with several other talented freshmen/sophomores.

I've been told CCH and Cooper were 1 and 1A this year in the 9th. But if Cooper is not even in the state top 25 then I guess that would mean the 9th is down this year?