Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Woman Confronted By Police For "Breaking In" To Her Own Apartment

Featured Replies

I fail to see the issue here. It was a bad 911 call, sure. That isn't on the police or the dispatcher. They didn't harm her, or mistreat her from what I read. I don't see where the number of responding officers was relevant.

 

The only thing I would take issue with is that the officers refused to provide their identifying information when requested. It might not be required but they should do that.

 

The neighbor, however sounds like a racist jerk.

Edited by AverageJoesGym

  • Replies 78
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I fail to see the issue here. It was a bad 911 call, sure. That isn't on the police or the dispatcher. They didn't harm her, or mistreat her from what I read. I don't see went the number of responding officers was relevant.

 

I'm glad we can agree on this one. Mostly for the reasons you mentioned.

 

It doesn't sound like the guy making the 911 call is a swell guy, but most people don't like being questioned for trying to do the right thing.b With that said he could have just as easily done nothing.

I'm glad we can agree on this one. Mostly for the reasons you mentioned.

 

It doesn't sound like the guy making the 911 call is a swell guy, but most people don't like being questioned for trying to do the right thing.b With that said he could have just as easily done nothing.

 

I seriously doubt most burglars use locksmiths to get into their targets homes. Evidently he was very hostile when questioned about it. He's a tool.

I seriously doubt most burglars use locksmiths to get into their targets homes. Evidently he was very hostile when questioned about it. He's a tool.

 

While I agree most don't use lock smiths to break into homes. It is easy to pretend to be something you're not to get into a home. Whether that be pretending to be a lock smith or the home owner you just don't know, it happens.

While I agree most don't use lock smiths to break into homes. It is easy to pretend to be something you're not to get into a home. Whether that be pretending to be a lock smith or the home owner you just don't know, it happens.

 

Sorry. We'll have to disagree on this one. I've seen plenty of locksmith's in action. I'd never confuse them for a burglar, especially given that they'd unlock the door and then leave. The neighbor is a putz. It isn't the police's fault but I'd be hard pressed to not think he is a racist tool.

No way 19 is normal.

 

Agreed. 19? And in Santa Monica? It's hard to get the PD to show up quick on anything in the LA area as they get tons of calls.

When the call came out to the Officers it was stated that there were possibly three suspects breaking into the residence.

Now, if a person is identified as the homeowner, and they tell the police what happened, in this case they locked themselves out of the home, and the home owner tells them that they do not want anyone in their home, is it proper for the police anyway? After they identified the homeowner and they said they didn't want anyone inside?

When the call came out to the Officers it was stated that there were possibly three suspects breaking into the residence.

 

Agreed. In not disputing the urgency for the call.

Sorry. We'll have to disagree on this one. I've seen plenty of locksmith's in action. I'd never confuse them for a burglar, especially given that they'd unlock the door and then leave. The neighbor is a putz. It isn't the police's fault but I'd be hard pressed to not think he is a racist tool.

 

Perhaps. I've seen the police called on the police, so that's why I have a hard time with they do their job then leave. As far as for a lock smith shouldn't be questioned.

No one knows if there was another reason that the neighbor called 911. But they do have to respond. Right away she mentioned race, and kept repeating it, she also didn't want to accept that the police can't just go only the word of the person that is in the home that they got the call about.

 

The post arrive conversion with her was over 45 minutes long, at least 35 minutes longer than it needed to be.

 

If she attempts to file charges or anything she will not get a dime.

But, if you listen to the 911 call the caller in fact does state that it was the next door neighbor. He said "the next door neighbor just broke into an upstairs apartment with two other people, with some sort of tools."

 

Seems like he knew who is was from the beginning.

 

Just listening to his voice and hers, I can very easily see where they have issues between each other.

But, if you listen to the 911 call the caller in fact does state that it was the next door neighbor. He said "the next door neighbor just broke into an upstairs apartment with two other people, with some sort of tools."

 

Seems like he knew who is was from the beginning.

 

Just listening to his voice and hers, I can very easily see where they have issues between each other.

 

I get that. From both sides. I've heard of a few dozen burglary calls being a civil matter. This sounds like at best.

No one knows if there was another reason that the neighbor called 911. But they do have to respond. Right away she mentioned race, and kept repeating it, she also didn't want to accept that the police can't just go only the word of the person that is in the home that they got the call about.

 

The post arrive conversion with her was over 45 minutes long, at least 35 minutes longer than it needed to be.

 

If she attempts to file charges or anything she will not get a dime.

I didn't realize you were there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.