Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Woman Confronted By Police For "Breaking In" To Her Own Apartment

Featured Replies

And I won't be surprised when she gets her payday either. You seriously look at the details of this case and are fine with it? What if it was one of your daughters? You'd just say quit being melodramatic?

 

Seriously?

 

My daughters have had to deal with far worse than this in their lives. I can guarantee you that.

 

They are quite normal and well adjusted too.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeesh. All right then.

 

 

*hits Forums and never comes back to this thread.

Yeesh. All right then.

 

 

*hits Forums and never comes back to this thread.

 

Seriously, you have no clue what they have had to deal with.

The issue is that she feels if she was white she wouldn't have been accused of breaking into her own apartment.

 

Is that normal for 19 police officers to show up to investigate a breaking and entering call?

 

Is it normal for the police to withhold the information and not answer the questions the "suspect" has after proving no crime has been committed?

 

Is it normal for the police to give two different lists of the officers that were present at the scene?

 

 

Is it normal for police officers to not file a full report when answering a call?

 

Why would they file a report if there isn't anything to report? That would be the same as a citizen coming into a station and asking to fire a report on "nothing". If there's nothing to report then there isn't a report. There was s a log of the call. Probably some notes as to what happened when officers arrived, and that's it.

 

As for the 19 officers, would you rather those guys finish grabbing their coffee or come to your house and try to help out if someone has broken into it? Again the fact that these officers are being questioned for wanting to help someone is just laughable.

 

PP do you really think dispatch put out the call as saying a white male is reporting a minority breaking into a house in his up scale neighborhood. All available units respond.

 

BTW most people would be impressed/happy to have that many officers responding during their time of need.

No way 19 is normal.

 

Tell me more about your training and experience in law enforcement, specifically in the city mentioned in the story.

So because of that one part of the story you totally disregard the experience of being falsely accused of breaking into your own apartment and detained at gun point?

 

Forgive me, I've never had a gun pointed at me and I have never been falsely detained by the police at gun point either. I can't imagine it is something I would casually dismiss mentally.

 

 

Falsely accused, big freaking deal. Police officers get falsely accused of stuff every day. I honestly hope you're just feeling like instigating today.

The number of responding officers is irrelevant.

No way 19 is normal.

 

Only do to shift lay out and call volume. If you have the man power then they're going to the highest priority call. Do you really want to be the officer that didn't show up because you weren't dispatched and a criminal gets away?

 

I'd say 85-90% of all PD's in the US Don't have 19 officers working at one time. Saying it isn't normal doesn't really mean much.

 

Falsely accused, big freaking deal. Police officers get falsely accused of stuff every day. I honestly hope you're just feeling like instigating today.

 

She was falsely accused by her neighbor. The police showed up, investigated, and left.

 

Hell, the neighbor thought she was Hispanic didn't he?

She was falsely accused by her neighbor. The police showed up, investigated, and left.

 

Hell, the neighbor thought she was Hispanic didn't he?

 

Yes the neighbor thought she was Hispanic which I'm sure has also triggered nightmares. Maybe even a sense of inferiority or lost sense of who she really is in this world......

Just in this county the police are dispatched several times per day (10 times on a slow day to 30, 40 or more times on a busy day) to house alarms through out the county. If the proper code isn't keyed in by the time they get there, what should they do when they find someone in the home? They verify that the person belongs in that home.

 

Yes they may have their gun drawn, because they are potentially confronting someone that broke into that home and is there illegally.

 

While 19 responding in this area would be pretty much everyone on duty in the entire county at that moment and wouldn't happen unless there was a verified need for back up. In larger cities it is not unusual for any cars in the area to roll up on scene if they are in the area in case they are needed.

 

Remember the call came in that it was an active breaking and entering, it could have been a home invasion, kidnapping, rape in progress, domestic violence order being violated...it could have been anything.

 

I think most citizens would rather the police show up in overwhelming numbers to handle a potential threat than to not roll up at all or take forever to get there.

19 Officers Swarm Black Woman As She Tries To Get Into Her Own Apartment: LAist

 

She's obviously guilty...

 

It didn’t matter that I went to Duke, that I have an MBA from Dartmouth, that I’m a vice president of strategy at a multinational corporation.

 

 

Here's the link to her original op-ed in the Washington Post.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/11/18/my-white-neighbor-thought-i-was-breaking-into-my-own-apartment-nineteen-cops-showed-up/

Tell me more about your training and experience in law enforcement, specifically in the city mentioned in the story.
Are you saying 19 is normal?
Are you saying 19 is normal?

 

What makes it not normal? Like HB said that number means very little. What number would you prefer and why?

Are you saying 19 is normal?

 

It's irrelevant how many show up.

 

I don't know how many officers work there. I don't know what was given out over the radio. I don't know what was said on the call to 911. I don't know what each officer was doing or where they were when the call came out. I don't know their training. I don't know if they've had recent violent encounters with burglary suspects.

 

Do you know any of this info?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.