Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Woman Confronted By Police For "Breaking In" To Her Own Apartment

Featured Replies

  • Author

The lady gets more and more annoying as the call goes on.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

It would be disingenuous or naive to think that a person of color who has the police show up (correctly) when she has a locksmith helping her into her apartment is out of line for asking and/or assuming or wondering if the call would have ever happened if she were "lighter."

  • Author

Why would the Sgt let her go on for so long? I quit after 20 minutes and there's still about 25 more minutes.

Why would the Sgt let her go on for so long? I quit after 20 minutes and there's still about 25 more minutes.

 

Because if he doesn't he will be accused of being racist and not sensitive to her needs.

  • Author
Because if he doesn't he will be accused of being racist and not sensitive to her needs.

 

Not after giving her 20 minutes of repeating the same thing over and over.

Not after giving her 20 minutes of repeating the same thing over and over.

 

Really Clyde?

 

You have seen over and over this year how these things go. I he hadn't let her rant, until SHE was done, she would have claimed racism.

 

Sad, but that's the reality of our society today.

Really Clyde?

 

You have seen over and over this year how these things go. I he hadn't let her rant, until SHE was done, she would have claimed racism.

 

Sad, but that's the reality of our society today.

 

I'm with Clyde. I don't buy it. If he would've just left without letting her voice her frustrations at all, absolutely. He let her go on for way longer than necessary.

 

She maybe would've claimed it, but it wouldn't have amounted to anything if anyone listens to the recording.

  • Author
Really Clyde? You have seen over and over this year how these things go. I he hadn't let her rant' date=' until SHE was done, she would have claimed racism. Sad, but that's the reality of our society today.[/quote']

 

 

She was clearly already at that point. Why let it go on and on?

Police chief released a statement.

SMPD chief issues statement regarding Fay Wells' Washington Post essay

 

She says the response by 19 officers is not unusual. So...there you have it. She explained it as many doing containment and blocking streets.

 

Also said that that many were not dispatched. But the key thing is that when it was concerning the police, it was not a racial matter.

 

Also agree with your next few posts, the officers handled it VERY WELL!

Why would the Sgt let her go on for so long? I quit after 20 minutes and there's still about 25 more minutes.

 

Wish he could have had an "emergency phone call", the same kind that you get on a blind date. But I do kind of what Cap mentioned. But it must have been a slower night in the S.M.. The officers talking to her did polish up on their skills talking to irate citizens.

She was clearly already at that point. Why let it go on and on?

 

I'm with you. I'm just saying in today's climate and with what she has already said, she would be screaming racism from the highest mountain.

I'm with you. I'm just saying in today's climate and with what she has already said, she would be screaming racism from the highest mountain.

:thumb:Just look at the title of the article in the OP.

:thumb:Just look at the title of the article in the OP.

 

Lol are there seriously people here saying they gave her too much time to complain?

 

Really??

  • Author
Lol are there seriously people here saying they gave her too much time to complain? Really??

 

I did.

 

 

40 minutes seems excessive.

 

I did.

 

40 minutes seems excessive.

 

 

One of those, "darned if you do, darned if you don't" scenarios, I guess.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.