Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Woman Confronted By Police For "Breaking In" To Her Own Apartment

Featured Replies

What makes it not normal? Like HB said that number means very little. What number would you prefer and why?

 

It's irrelevant how many show up.

 

I don't know how many officers work there. I don't know what was given out over the radio. I don't know what was said on the call to 911. I don't know what each officer was doing or where they were when the call came out. I don't know their training. I don't know if they've had recent violent encounters with burglary suspects.

 

Do you know any of this info?

I may have worded that poorly but I'm honestly more wondering than anything. 19 seems like a lot but I honestly don't know.

 

When my dog figured out how to open my door from the inside he triggered the alarm a few times. Until we figured out what was going on and how to stop it police responded twice. First time it was four officers and the second time just two. The dispatch person working it was a family friend and she told them through my sister that the second time we suspected it was our dog and were trying to resolve it but a look-through would be appreciated.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry. We'll have to disagree on this one. I've seen plenty of locksmith's in action. I'd never confuse them for a burglar, especially given that they'd unlock the door and then leave. The neighbor is a putz. It isn't the police's fault but I'd be hard pressed to not think he is a racist tool.

Not sure if anyone ever watches the Jeff Rossen segments on the Today Show, but he recently did a feature on the prevalence of people contacting lock smiths to let people in houses. It was about how often they never require identification or anything. They open the door and peace out.

No one knows if there was another reason that the neighbor called 911. But they do have to respond. Right away she mentioned race, and kept repeating it, she also didn't want to accept that the police can't just go only the word of the person that is in the home that they got the call about.

 

The post arrive conversion with her was over 45 minutes long, at least 35 minutes longer than it needed to be.

 

If she attempts to file charges or anything she will not get a dime.

 

Shouldn't. But in today's world, I could see her getting paid.

Now, if a person is identified as the homeowner, and they tell the police what happened, in this case they locked themselves out of the home, and the home owner tells them that they do not want anyone in their home, is it proper for the police anyway? After they identified the homeowner and they said they didn't want anyone inside?

 

Yes, because if it was an home invasion or something of that sort the criminals could have been holding another family member and told her to get rid of the police. Just like if the police sees a woman crying in a car with a man on a traffic stop, they will ask her to get out of the car to speak to her to make sure she is OK. In this case they just verified that no one was in the house against her will or threatening her.

I didn't realize you were there.

 

Very easy for someone to find the audio. Maybe next time ask how I knew it if you had any doubts? ;)

Very easy for someone to find the audio. Maybe next time ask how I knew it if you had any doubts? ;)

 

You have a link for the audio?

Shouldn't. But in today's world, I could see her getting paid.

 

I can see her possibly getting paid to go away. I don't mind lawsuits where there is some sort of reasonable suspicion of discrimination, but I don't find it here. The officers had to do their jobs, if anyone was possibly racist it's the neighbor, but again it seems like these two just don't get along.

You have a link for the audio?

 

911 call was in the Washington Post.

 

The post arrival convo was on the Santa Monica police website.

  • Author

edit

  • Author

I'm listening to the audio of the conversation.

 

I can understand her being upset with 2 guns being drawn and a dog. Makes sense.

 

Officers handled her well.

  • Author
I'm listening to the audio of the conversation.

 

I can understand her being upset with 2 guns being drawn and a dog. Makes sense.

 

Officers handled her well.

 

The more I listen to the main guy the more I say he could teach a class on how to talk to an upset citizen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.