Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 52 Dixie Heights 21

Featured Replies

I will address for you. There is no such thing as running into the punter versus roughing the punter. Contact is contact at the high school level. Not sure on the receiver movement.

 

Sideline penalty was obviously questionable, but not being there the entire game I cannot comment.

 

The pass interference call that you want was not pass interference. Would have been a very weak call if made.

 

Care to address the two clipping penalties against Highlands that were not clips? One resulted in a pick 6 being called back. Or the hold penalty on Mitchell Cain where he pancaked a defensive back.

 

Officiating was suspect at best I would agree, but it certainly was not favored in any teams direction.

 

I thought there was a running into/roughing distinction in HS. If not, then I have no qualms with the call as there was contact. Now if there is a distinction between the two, it should've been running into IMO.

 

The receivers moving were right in front of me. Slot receiver moved first then the outside receiver did. Both before the snap.

 

May have been a weak PI call but it was contact before the ball got there and the Dixie receiver was prevented from getting to the spot. My biggest gripe about that play is the back judge pulled the flag out and then just held it.

 

Sideline penalty, very questionable which is why Coach Brossart took a TO to address it with the white hat who even went over and addressed it with the side judge after the fact.

 

I agree there were questionable calls both ways. Pointed out the ones on Dixie because those are the ones I remember most as that's the team I was supporting. Lots of thrown flags by the crew that were head scratchers.

 

As I said, they didn't change the outcome. HHS was the better team.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought there was a running into/roughing distinction in HS. If not, then I have no qualms with the call as there was contact. Now if there is a distinction between the two, it should've been running into IMO.

 

The receivers moving were right in front of me. Slot receiver moved first then the outside receiver did. Both before the snap.

 

May have been a weak PI call but it was contact before the ball got there and the Dixie receiver was prevented from getting to the spot. My biggest gripe about that play is the back judge pulled the flag out and then just held it.

 

Sideline penalty, very questionable which is why Coach Brossart took a TO to address it with the white hat who even went over and addressed it with the side judge after the fact.

 

I agree there were questionable calls both ways. Pointed out the ones on Dixie because those are the ones I remember most as that's the team I was supporting. Lots of thrown flags by the crew that were head scratchers.

 

As I said, they didn't change the outcome. HHS was the better team.

 

The Sideline Penalty happened right in Front of me and I doubt anybody had a better view of it then me. It was a sorry call because the play was 20-25 past the Infaction and because the Ref was trailing the play so far behind he saw the Highlands player jogging up the Sideline hashes following the play. The Ref was no where near the the Sidelines. In fact he was running up the Numbers where the Highlands player was within the Sideline hashes.

 

Is it a penalty? Sure it is, but a very far reach for a call to make. So instead of Doughtery kicking the the Kickoff in the EndZone he reached the 5-10 yard line on the Kick.

The Sideline Penalty happened right in Front of me and I doubt anybody had a better view of it then me. It was a sorry call because the play was 20-25 past the Infaction and because the Ref was trailing the play so far behind he saw the Highlands player jogging up the Sideline hashes following the play. The Ref was no where near the the Sidelines. In fact he was running up the Numbers where the Highlands player was within the Sideline hashes.

 

Is it a penalty? Sure it is, but a very far reach for a call to make. So instead of Doughtery kicking the the Kickoff in the EndZone he reached the 5-10 yard line on the Kick.

 

I was referring to the Dixie sideline penalty. I couldn't tell what happened on the HHS one as I was blocked. But I did hear others say it was questionable at best.

I thought Dixie had a few really good players. #30 could help any team in the state. I heard his name called all night. It was like he made every tackle, caught every pass, and kicked. Dixie's issue all season seemed to be too many guys playing on both sides of the ball.
. Ethan Schulte he is a great kid

He is throwing the ball well. Seems to me his receivers don't go get the ball

I will address for you. There is no such thing as running into the punter versus roughing the punter. Contact is contact at the high school level. Not sure on the receiver movement.

 

.

 

High school does differentiate.

 

Running into the kicker is 5 yards.

Roughing is 15 yards.

I thought Dixie had a few really good players. #30 could help any team in the state. I heard his name called all night. It was like he made every tackle, caught every pass, and kicked. Dixie's issue all season seemed to be too many guys playing on both sides of the ball.

 

Ethan Schulte is a great player. He was a four year starter for the Colonels.

High school does differentiate.

 

Running into the kicker is 5 yards.

Roughing is 15 yards.

 

No automatic 1st down on the running call either, correct?

High school does differentiate.

 

Running into the kicker is 5 yards.

Roughing is 15 yards.

 

So how does one differentiate between the two? Hard enough for pro and college level officials to differentiate, let alone a high school official.

 

While we are on the topic of officiating, lets say it is 3rd and 18 and pass interference is called on the 3rd down play. Is the next play 1st and 10 or is the next play 3rd and 3?

No automatic 1st down on the running call either, correct?

 

I believe "roughing" penalties are automatic first downs.

So how does one differentiate between the two? Hard enough for pro and college level officials to differentiate, let alone a high school official.

 

While we are on the topic of officiating, lets say it is 3rd and 18 and pass interference is called on the 3rd down play. Is the next play 1st and 10 or is the next play 3rd and 3?

 

PI is not an automatic first down in high school. 3rd and 3.

PI is not an automatic first down in high school. 3rd and 3.

 

Okay, same situation but rather than pass interference it is a 15 yard facemask penalty. Automatic 1st down? Is there such thing as a 5 yard facemask penalty in high school?

Okay, same situation but rather than pass interference it is a 15 yard facemask penalty. Automatic 1st down? Is there such thing as a 5 yard facemask penalty in high school?

 

I believe the facemask is a personal foul which is automatic first down. I think any facemask these days is a 15 yarder and automatic first down.

Okay, same situation but rather than pass interference it is a 15 yard facemask penalty. Automatic 1st down? Is there such thing as a 5 yard facemask penalty in high school?

 

Not sure about a 5-yard penalty but I don't think facemask is an automatic first down. Only "roughing" penalties are automatic.

Not sure about a 5-yard penalty but I don't think facemask is an automatic first down. Only "roughing" penalties are automatic.

 

I checked. There is a 5-yard facemask penalty. Don't see it very often.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.