Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 52 Dixie Heights 21

Featured Replies

I will address for you. There is no such thing as running into the punter versus roughing the punter. Contact is contact at the high school level. Not sure on the receiver movement.

 

Sideline penalty was obviously questionable, but not being there the entire game I cannot comment.

 

The pass interference call that you want was not pass interference. Would have been a very weak call if made.

 

Care to address the two clipping penalties against Highlands that were not clips? One resulted in a pick 6 being called back. Or the hold penalty on Mitchell Cain where he pancaked a defensive back.

 

Officiating was suspect at best I would agree, but it certainly was not favored in any teams direction.

 

I've been to a game this year where running into the punter was called rather than roughing. They merely moved the ball up five yards and had the punting team punt again. So either you're wrong or that officiating crew was wrong and either way I'm not surprised.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about a 5-yard penalty but I don't think facemask is an automatic first down. Only "roughing" penalties are automatic.

 

I thought a 15 yard facemask was considered a personal foul and those were automatic first downs? Maybe HS is different.

I thought a 15 yard facemask was considered a personal foul and those were automatic first downs? Maybe HS is different.

 

Not true in high school. PFs are not automatic. Only roughing are automatic.

I do not know what the guidelines are for determining "running into" vs "roughing." It may be like in high school basketball where the intentional foul is very subjective. Part of the rule deals with "severity" which leads to a lot of different interpretations.

 

In general, high school wants officials to err on the side of safety and penalize that way if it's close. That's probably why you see more "roughing" than "running into."

Dirty birds....

Ethan Schulte is a great player. He was a four year starter for the Colonels.

 

Who is the better player, 30 for Dixie or 67 for cch?

Who is the better player, 30 for Dixie or 67 for cch?

 

I currently stand undefeated in physical altercations against his cousin Mike at CCH. So past history tells me Mike is a wimp.

 

I cannot say the same for Ethan, though. I guess we are sort of like how Pacquiao and Maywether were for a while.

 

I give the edge to Ethan.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.