Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Collins at Shelby County

Who wins 27 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins

    • Shelby County (10-1)
      81%
    • Collins (5-6)
      18%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Well no one else has started this discussion so I guess I will be the ice breaker.

 

Collins makes a return trip across town to SC where 3 weeks ago they were handed it first loss to SC by a score of 44-0. Collins was missing some key players that night and lost 2 during the game. They had very little energy after SC bust a long run on the first drive.

Collins got everyone back last week and took care of Valley on the road by 41-8. Yes that was Valley but they did what they were suppose to do.

 

Shelby Co, after its big win over Collins, showed no signs of letting up and went on the road to defeat a good 5A top 6 South Oldham before coming home and opening up the playoffs by destroying Breckinridge county 55-6 while not playing its QB or a D lineman. Both will be back this week.

 

Shelby has been playing great D all year and can beat you with 4 guys running the option.

Collins must get movement on the line and protect JR.

 

I don't see this game being 44-0 this time around.

What do you think?

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't be 44-0. 42-14 will probably be about right!

What type of option offense is Shelby running? Back in the day they were known for good D and the option

(As a Shelby County fan) I believe the game will be much closer, probably 3 TD or less difference. 35-21 in favor of SC is my estimate. Now, if the Collins D-Line manages to force Shelby into passing... things could get VERY interesting. Hope to see a much larger crowd than last time as well, since it is a playoff game between bitter rivals.

They run the Triple Option mostly, with 3 very capable RBs in Malik Manica, Michael Perry, and Brandon Davis, along with a good QB in Tyler Drane.

We ran it out of the bone and wing-t. When I was a kid they ran it out of the power I I believe. I didn't know if they went to flexbone or what

Surely it won't be 44-0, it can't really get any worse than that game. I don't think Collins has the offense to win it, but I hope they at least put up a fight.

Titans

Edited by chstitan

Well no one else has started this discussion so I guess I will be the ice breaker.

 

Collins makes a return trip across town to SC where 3 weeks ago they were handed it first loss to SC by a score of 44-0. Collins was missing some key players that night and lost 2 during the game. They had very little energy after SC bust a long run on the first drive.

Collins got everyone back last week and took care of Valley on the road by 41-8. Yes that was Valley but they did what they were suppose to do.

 

Shelby Co, after its big win over Collins, showed no signs of letting up and went on the road to defeat a good 5A top 6 South Oldham before coming home and opening up the playoffs by destroying Breckinridge county 55-6 while not playing its QB or a D lineman. Both will be back this week.

 

Shelby has been playing great D all year and can beat you with 4 guys running the option.

Collins must get movement on the line and protect JR.

 

I don't see this game being 44-0 this time around.

What do you think?

 

With Stucker and Harrod back on that Defense I don't see Shelby having anywhere near the day they had 3 weeks ago! Roseberry is back and looks like he did against North on the 305 yard night! I say the Rockets take them too lightly and they pull off the big upset! 35-28 Go Titans

Nobody is taking this game lightly.. but I don't see two players on that team that are 44 points better.. I'm glad everyone is back and healthy so that there won't be any gaps or excuses to use on why Collins lost to Shelby 2 times in the same year!

 

Collins main issue is the trigger man he just isn't the guy for the job he has struggled all year and it's understandable being a small guy behind a decently sized line.

 

Shelby rolls

 

SC-35

 

MLCHS- 7

I discussed this when these two played first time. Coming into last game Collins had no pressure they had their way with Shelby up until this season. Once again Collins has no pressure and the pressure has doubled for Shelby. Shelby will have to beat their rival in the playoffs. After winning big in the season. Key this week is for the Shelby is not get concerned about winning by 44 points. But doing what they do best and it run the ball. This time they better find away to run it with 9 in the box.

  • Author

Coach, you can't put 9 in the box on Shelby. They will destroy you in the outside. To stop them, you must try to over load the middle with 1 extra guy to slow down Manica and then outside guys must stay with the QB and pitchman till the whistle. You can't go for the fake or the man with the ball. Play man on the receivers and don't come up to quick.

Having those guys back makes a huge difference.

Collins must be more intense this game and knock get knocked back on their behinds.

Games are won on the line of scrimmage, and Shelby dominated them 3 weeks ago on both, so unless they have got stronger and faster in 3 weeks this game will belong to Shelby, will it be closer I believe so, just think Shelby is better and Collins isnt very good. It is a rival so emotions play a big role, but Shelby is a better team, why the won a tough district

I have mentioned this in the past, but look at Collins offensive output against good teams. They haven't in the past and will be unable to score enough points to beat a good team and Shelby definitely classifies as a good team.

Shelby beat a very good South Oldham team by passing. Their first three scores were by the long pass. South Oldham was pretty effective at stopping the run but Shelby proved they can throw it. That opened up some running lanes early in the second half. Load nine in the box and I believe you will see some passes being thrown. Do not believe Collins has the corners to play one on one all over the field with those guys all game. Think Shelby takes this one easily.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.