Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Franklin-Simpson 48 Madisonville-North Hopkins 23

Featured Replies

It will be a great game in a great facility

 

It's definitely one of the finest in our state. It's sad to see that nobody comes out to the games. Hopkinsville is lucky to have 200 people in the stands.

It will be a great game in a great facility

 

SOC is easily my favorite place to film a game. Top notch.

Hope to make the trip as Hopkinsville and Franklin were a great rival in the day

Hopkinsville hasn't played the most rugged schedule but they have been dominant until the Central game. Even then the Tigers were able to shut down WC's offense. Hoptown does some things that FS have been vulnerable to all season.

The key will be can FS sustain scoring drives against the fast and aggressive defense.

 

We'll see.

Hopkinsville hasn't played the most rugged schedule but they have been dominant until the Central game. Even then the Tigers were able to shut down WC's offense. Hoptown does some things that FS have been vulnerable to all season.

The key will be can FS sustain scoring drives against the fast and aggressive defense.

 

We'll see.

 

I'll admit that I gave that perception at times in the update and certainly that score appears that way, but the Dragons did gain 252 yards (260 according to the New Era), and broke some big runs as well (which we all know they're not really all that good at this season). The Tigers did the job when it counted, but I wouldn't call it a "shut down". Their defense made some big plays though, forcing three turnovers and of course, the pick six that won it for them.

 

It could be a night and day thing, but when you watch the film of this game, it'll make you wonder where Hoptown's offense went. I really think Franklin has a strong chance. I might even go as far as to call them favored. Unlike Central, the Wildcat offense has been clicking down the stretch. The Tigers better hope that they rediscover the offense that abandoned them last night.

I was referring to the nine points as I didn't have access to full stats. I'm watching the game now bit by bit. It looks, even early on, that it was going to be a game that a break or two would determine the outcome. Something like a pick six.

I don't think a 15-9 result over said 3-8 team should give you confidence in Hoptown.
It doesn't at all. Hoptown's record is a result of their schedule. But there is nothing to indicate that Franklin Simpson is any better than any one else Hoptown has defeated. They have not beaten anyone on Hoptown's level and that isn't saying much.

I suppose that's a fair point.

 

I consider the game a toss up.

My comment after the MNH game regarding Hoptown was "we have a shot".

 

Hoptown does things offensively that have given FS fits all year. Conversely FS does some things that Hoptown hasn't faced. It will come down to which team is able to do the best job with their own game.

 

I have seen things from the Wildcats the last three games that I been hoping for all season. FS is definitely playing their best of the season at the right time. Good enough? Ask me about 9:30 Friday night.

FS wing T will give Htown fits they are not very strong up front and not very disciplined.that spells disaster for Htown .FSwill control clock slow game and beat Htown 21-14 .

If Franklin can control clock and not turn it over, they will have a great shot to win.

For Hoptown, does the offense show up this week? Central played lights out D; will Franklin?

FS defense has been much better the past three weeks. Their offense has kicked it up a notch too. Their running backs have been meeting their early year expectations as of late (Hall, Groves and Brady). Hall and Brady lit MHN up Friday. A big reason is the O line has done a much better job blocking. Should be a great game. FS 22-12

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.