Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elizabethtown Football Colors?

Featured Replies

The KHSAA lists Etown's colors as NW Purple and & Old Gold but I remember Etown being more of a deep navy than NW Purple.

 

Does anyone know what color Etown is supposed to be and what color Etown actually uses?

I don't know what they're supposed to be, but they play blue. Bardstown is purple and old gold.

  • Author

I found a photo and it looks like a deep purple tint, can anyone say for sure?

etown.jpg

my unprofessional opinion is purple

 

I think NWestern seems to have evolved to a brighter shade of purple???

my unprofessional opinion is purple

 

I think NWestern seems to have evolved to a brighter shade of purple???

 

You can tell more easily by their basketball uniforms, but they do were purple.

Northwestern Purple is a very dark shade of purple that is almost the same as Navy Blue. When I was at Southern High School a million years ago officially our colors were Norwestern Purple and white but it was cheaper to get uniforms in navy, so that's what we wore. Below is a sample colored helmet from Schutt showing Northwestern Purple.

 

 

NWPurplebaseballHelmet.jpg

Here's a shot of Northwesterns football "purple" tops (I hope)

 

When you look at there all purple unis they look darker (not sure if the jerseys are the same or not)

When they wear black jerseys with purple #'s it definitely lokks like a brighter purple.

I think part of the problem is similar with maroon - every company is different and even if you buy from the same company but in different years the color mix is not the same & it looks different.

 

Woody Jr

NWpurple.jpg

One last entry in todays coloring class (couldnt find the black jersey)

NWhelmet.jpg

  • Author

Thanks for your help everyone.

I'd say a really dark purple almost a blue

Looks more like blue to me. I'm told that Warren Central's original color scheme was Northwestern purple and white, but the Dragons' look has almost always had been the dark navy blue, Penn State-like color scheme.

The KHSAA lists Etown's colors as NW Purple and & Old Gold but I remember Etown being more of a deep navy than NW Purple.

 

Does anyone know what color Etown is supposed to be and what color Etown actually uses?

 

EHS is my alma mater and our colors are indeed NW purple and Old gold; however, the manufacturers of uniforms and spirit attire often use a deep navy.

Yep, E-town definitely is purple, but it is such a deep purple that it more closely resembles navy...almost even black under stadium lights.

 

You're right, westsider...Warren County (the school that became Warren Central after the merger with Rockfield, Woodburn, and Alvaton high schools) wore purple and white, and Central still wore purple when I was a soph in 1974. They officially changed to navy in the 1975-76 school year. Central, when they were formed in 1968, I guess saw no reason for changing from Warren County's colors and even kept the Dragon mascot. Central still occupies the same football field that Warren County used from 1959 through 1967.:D

I say purple over navy. Can't go against PH, he know Purple. After looking at the word, purple is a unique.

I say purple over navy. Can't go against PH, he know Purple. After looking at the word, purple is a unique.

 

 

 

:sssh: :lol: I have tried to go against him, but, it doesn't work....

 

I say purple as well!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.