Class A 1st Round: Raceland (6-4) @ Bishop Brossart (9-1)

Thoughts & Predictions  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts & Predictions

Field should be fine even if it rains Friday morning or afternoon. Stadium is huge (6A Campbell Co played there for years against other 6A NKY schools and NCC) and I doubt it will be anywhere near half full so parking should not be a problem. Easy to get to as it is right on US 27 off I-275 or I-471 or AA Highway. Lots of restaurants and gas stations nearby.

Raceland fans always travel well.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that Raceland lacks is overall team speed. If BB can develop a successful passing game against the Rams it could be a high scoring affair and possibly pull this one out. If they try to slug it out with Raceland on the ground. The Rams will eat the Mustangs up.

Is that from WSAZ? Because if it is, I don't believe it. LOL

Careful Doc, remember your drowning at Nicholas Co. one night ? :D

Field should be fine even if it rains Friday morning or afternoon. Stadium is huge (6A Campbell Co played there for years against other 6A NKY schools and NCC) and I doubt it will be anywhere near half full so parking should not be a problem. Easy to get to as it is right on US 27 off I-275 or I-471 or AA Highway. Lots of restaurants and gas stations nearby.

Raceland fans always travel well.

Thanks for the info, rain is predicted here on Friday night but is that the case where you / Brossart are at ?

We are 9-1 becuase we are an improved football team/program.

The "soft schedule" comments are hindsight. At the beginning of the season, there were probably no games on our schedule that we would have been totally confident that we would have won, and believe me, we would have been pleasantly surprised to have known at that point that we would defeat Aiken, Bellevue, Ludlow, Nicholas County, and play a competitve game with Paris, while blowing out Dayton, Trimble, Bracken, Berea and Pendleton County.

We had nothing to do with scheduling the teams in our district, and after battling the 2-A Northern Kentucky programs, we welcomed the drop to a more competitive level. We were pretty good this year, it was an evolution of players who have been in our program for the past four years, newcomers who bolstered the roster, a coaching staff who earned their confidence, and a school that caught Football Fever. We have played Ludlow, Bellevue, and Dayton for years and I hope we will continue to maintain those rivalries. This was the first year that we have ever defeated Bellevue, Ludlow holds a sizeable advantage in the win-loss column, and we hadn't beaten Dayton since 2010. If we were concerned about folks thinking we were playing a "soft schedule" we could have stayed in 2-A, gone out of business, and never known what we missed.

I am not saying that in hindsight in the manner in which we have progressed that yes, perhaps this turned out to be a somewhat "soft schedule" compared to that played by the Rams, but it is who we are and who we play.

Hats off to Raceland for playing a tough schedule. That is who they are and who they play annually. They are a legal bona-fide Class 1-A school who by a formula devised by the KHSAA are scheduled to play Brossart in Alexandria this coming Friday night. We have accepted many challenges this season and will show up ready to compete on Friday night.

I have no problem with their schedule and I think they scheduled very smartly. Its all about having that winning mindset. I believe I argued that with you and other Brossart folks, when they moved up to 2A. Brossart was done in 2A before they even played a game, because people around the program even were saying they couldn't compete. Kids hear that stuff and start believing it too. I still believe Brossart could have done better in 2A, but had the wrong mindset from the beginning. Which then carried over to the non district games and not being able to win those either during their 2A years. This year from the beginning they believed they could compete again now that they were in 1A and now they beat teams in non district that they were losing to before in the likes of Ludlow, Bellevue and Dayton. Its all about having the right mindset and believing you can win.

Which is why I think this game will be a great game and will come down to the very end. These Brossart players believe and expect to win now. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if they win.

Edited by futurecoach

It could come down to the end but it will be interesting if Brossart falls behind to see if they can overcome that. They have been behind this year but it is more difficult to come back on a quality opponent.

It is hard to predict this game because the Brossart schedule was teams that just did not fare well this year. And I'm not convinced Paris is a top contender in 1A. Their best win might have been against Holmes who was 4-6 and only good win was by 1 point over Walton Verona. They could be in trouble in the next round. Raceland has the experience and the much tougher schedule but hey that is why they play the game.

Weather-wise I think the forecast is still a chance of rain in the morning/afternoon and gone by game time.

RAMS .... You saw a few weeks earlier vs. that team in Westwood What Happens When you Overlook an Opponet. That's Why that You are playing on the road to open the post season. Should you overlook this team then it's the One and Done show, turn it's your equipment for the season ..... What's it going to be ?

GAMEDAY !!

Play Every Play, Leave Absolutely Everything In You Laying on That Field -- Play "RACELAND RAM FOOTBALL" and All Will Work Out.

TCB

RAMS SENIORS ......Looking back, most of you started Together in 5-6 yr. old flag football - to JFL - to Jr. High - to Frosh - to JV - to RAMS Varsity Football. ..... All of those years together in the mud, blood, tears for this thing we love called Raceland Ram Football !

Think about it, you have the possibility of a maximum of only five more games together in that uniform that has meant so much. Do you want to Band Together / All In for One Last Post Season Run ......or Do You Want This One to be Your Last Game ?

RAM PRIDE !

Careful Doc, remember your drowning at Nicholas Co. one night ? :D

Thanks for the info, rain is predicted here on Friday night but is that the case where you / Brossart are at ?

They just revised the forecast for where Brossart is at. It is supposed to be 95 and sunny at game time, so please dress accordingly.

Now for the Brossart fans;

Rain has stopped and it should be a great night for football (or for a couples shower).

It should be 60 and cloudy at game time. Good luck to both teams but especially Brossart. It has been a fairytale story for them this year. I've seen them play and they really do believe in themselves. That makes a team very scary.

Go Mustangs!