Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Al Golden Fired at Miami (FL)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 77
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call me crazy but I'd like to take a chance on Fuente or Herman. Need someone young and aggressive. I wouldn't imagine Miami would be a destination at the front of their of their lists though however. No thanks to the same retreads. Schiano wouldn't be terrible, but would be hard to be excited about that.

 

No thank you to Cristobal. He'd recruit well and did a nice job at FIU, but I think there are much better coaches available.

 

Chud, no probably not. The pro-style in Miami has run its course. Miami needs a coach that will run a system to match its talent.

 

One name I'd really like is Rich Rod. He would make a killing with Miami speed. Don't know if either side would be interested though.

Never understood this hire to begin with. Rich Rod would be my first phone call. Tons of talent in Miami. Just need to keep it in Coral Gables.

Obviously, I'm a big Butch Davis fan too but that isn't going to happen.

Call me crazy but I'd like to take a chance on Fuente or Herman. Need someone young and aggressive. I wouldn't imagine Miami would be a destination at the front of their of their lists though however. No thanks to the same retreads. Schiano wouldn't be terrible, but would be hard to be excited about that.

 

No thank you to Cristobal. He'd recruit well and did a nice job at FIU, but I think there are much better coaches available.

 

Chud, no probably not. The pro-style in Miami has run its course. Miami needs a coach that will run a system to match its talent.

 

One name I'd really like is Rich Rod. He would make a killing with Miami speed. Don't know if either side would be interested though.

 

IMO, Rich Rod would be a great fit for the Hurricanes. I look for them to go after someone more established this time around.

  • Author

Not a HC, and they have taken a step back this year, but what about Scott Frost? Offensive Coordinator for the Ducks?

 

If there was a coordinator out there that a program like Miami could rally around, I would think he would be the one.

 

Not likely, but just wanted to throw his name out there

Not a HC, and they have taken a step back this year, but what about Scott Frost? Offensive Coordinator for the Ducks?

 

If there was a coordinator out there that a program like Miami could rally around, I would think he would be the one.

 

Not likely, but just wanted to throw his name out there

 

Yeah he'd bring a nice offense. I don't think Miami is in the position to gamble though.

  • Author

I like Rich Rod, but they are a lot like Kentucky this year.

 

They've won, but haven't beaten anybody good whatsoever. He has had two 8-5 records, and on their way to another possible 8-5 (and, that's a stretch with @USC, @Washington, Utah and @Arizona State still left to play).

 

I couldn't see Miami firing a guy like Golden (who has 9, 7 and a 6 w/ this year TBD and never know), only to hire somebody like Rich Rod who really doesn't have that much of a different resume the last few years).

 

With that said, on the surface, Miami gets the advantage athletically (not sure if that's accurate or the past days of The U talking to my head).

  • Author
Yeah he'd bring a nice offense. I don't think Miami is in the position to gamble though.

 

No, they aren't.

 

Ahh, who are we kidding, throw the $$ at Chip.

Charlie Strong.

Would be a great fit if interested. Doesn't seen like a good fit at Texas. He'd be perfect at Miami.

  • Author

If Charlie happened, well, FSU and the Gator Nation better hope and pray it doesn't.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.