Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Steelers - Bengals game the Steelers Super Bowl? And who wins?

Who wins? 24 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
I know it could come back to bite us big, big time...but, after the way Carson Palmer looked initially after coming back from his knee injury...I say you blitz the h-e-double toothpicks out of him. First game back? I want him thinking about someone at his feet/knees all game long.

 

Unfortunately, I don't think he's the type to stay rattled for very long. But, I say it's worth a shot. I absolutely don't want to be dropping 7 if our front 4 can't get any pressure.

 

And our front 4 getting pressure is real hit or miss.

I think we'll see Bell get at least 25 carries, and probably another 5 or so swing passes out of the backfield, to give Big Ben a break offensively.

I think it comes down to coaching (neither team has a very strong presence there IMO) and which defense steps up the most. I think the Bengals have the better defense, but Big Ben always seems to give them fits. Should be a good one. I'm looking forward to sitting back and enjoying.

Also, if Ben is less than 100% should the Bengals blitz more than they otherwise would/should against him?

 

I don't think so. Changing up what works just because he might go down quicker just seems reactionary. It would open up a lot more passing lanes to thirsty receivers too. Prepare and play like he's at full health.

I see the game is about a Pick.

 

Sounds about right. Does anyone have the info on what the game opened and how the line moved?

 

And doc, what is the latest on Ben? And for the record, I want Ben to play.

 

Practiced fully today.

The best hope that the STeelers have of winning is to give LB a steady diet from the onset. Bengals are at the bottom of the league in rush defense per attempt at nearly 5 per carry. Minus Burfict that makes them vulnerable. Otherwise, I can't see any way that the Bengals don't hang 35 on this defense, so the need to keep them off the field as much as possible is key. Hopefuly Tuitt plays because he's a major factor. Without him I can't see any way the Steelers win.

Bengals are 3-7 coming off bye weeks the last ten years. Marvin's record with team is 3-5. Unfortunately it makes one want to go with the Steelers.

I think it's more of a must win for the Bengals. This is their chance to prove they are for real.

 

Marvin has been pretty bad preparing the team coming out of bye weeks and this is a big game with Big Ben coming back.

 

I hate when people say this is their chance to prove they are for real. People said that in 2012 when it the winner goes to the playoffs against the Steelers and the Bengals won. People said the same thing last year when the Bengals played the Broncos on Monday Night Football to cllinch a playoff spot and they won, people said the same thing when the Bengals played Seattle this year and the Bengals won.

 

Its very simple the Bengals have proven they are for real during the regular season many times and have beaten top teams and basically every top QB in football over the last 4 years. This is a good football team, but we won't know if they are a team that is a serious playoff contender until the actual playoffs start. This game win or lose doesn't show that they are for real or not. All this game is a game to help get them closer to securing a playoff spot and possibly home field.

Bengals are 3-7 coming off bye weeks the last ten years. Marvin's record with team is 3-5. Unfortunately it makes one want to go with the Steelers.

 

Huh? How is Marvin's record coming off a bye different than the Bengals record coming off a bye considering Marvin has been here for over 10 years?

Huh? How is Marvin's record coming off a bye different than the Bengals record coming off a bye considering Marvin has been here for over 10 years?

 

Looks like the info I looked up on another site was flawed. According to Coley Harvey, ESPN Staff writer, the Bengals are 4-7-1 under Lewis coming off the bye week.

This thread. :lol2:

IMO, if Ben plays, the Steelers win. If he doesn't, they don't.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.