Alien Contact

PepRock01

I posted this in another thread:

Taking into account the Fermi Paradox it is still unlikely we ever find proof of a current or extant alien civilization.

That said we'd better hope that we are sufficiently advanced to be equal to or superior any other civilizations we may encounter. I'd rather we not have a situation where we get wiped out because we tried to say "Hello" and were naive enough to think that an advanced civilization would be peaceful.

Guru disagreed with it and I decided it would be worth it's own thread. What are your thoughts? Is it not better to be safe than sorry?

• 2 weeks later...
I posted this in another thread:

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by PepRock01 viewpost-right.png

Taking into account the Fermi Paradox it is still unlikely we ever find proof of a current or extant alien civilization.

That said we'd better hope that we are sufficiently advanced to be equal to or superior any other civilizations we may encounter. I'd rather we not have a situation where we get wiped out because we tried to say "Hello" and were naive enough to think that an advanced civilization would be peaceful.

Guru disagreed with it and I decided it would be worth it's own thread. What are your thoughts? Is it not better to be safe than sorry?

I think we covered it pretty well in this thread:

http://bluegrasspreps.com/technology/aliens-307326.html

We just better hope they are herbivores!

Most species on this planet, if able would snack on humans daily...technology keeps that from happening.

Hopefully if there are other species out there some where they are more cow than lion.

Did you ever see The Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Man'"

So if they come en masse are we also going to have to have directions and signs and stuff in Martian or whatever as well as Spanish, French, etc.?

I guess it will be like Men In Black where they show all the different aliens together.

I can only think of the movie Predator. Probably on some other planet there is a controversy between the hunters and non-hunters. If they don't cull us out, we overpopulate, then there is insufficient food supply as well as increased risk of diseases.

I can only think of the movie Predator. Probably on some other planet there is a controversy between the hunters and non-hunters. If they don't cull us out, we overpopulate, then there is insufficient food supply as well as increased risk of diseases.

Predator is one of my all time favorites for numerous reasons but I also like the movie "Predators" in that movie franchise. I am not saying Predators is perfect or better than the original but it is a very interesting take and ties into some of what you are saying doomer.