Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PurpleHaze Western Kentucky GOW: Elizabethtown (7-0) at Adair County (7-0)

Who Wins? 41 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

In perhaps the biggest game in school history for Adair County they host Etown in a top 10 battle that will most likely decide the district, we will find out which team is for real this week, but who does everyone have in this matchup?

I do believe the Indians will pull this one off at home. They are having a really special year and the community is behind these boys. At home I am taking Adair!

I preface this by saying I've grown up HATING Etown...but I'm taking them in this one. The Panthers don't do anything spectacular other than play old school-Mark Brown smashmouth football, and for sure won't do anything overly flashy but they seem to be finding a way to get things done. Plus, Etown has been a little more battle tested than Adair.

 

Etown 35

Adair 14

This has to be one of the more interesting games of the week. I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.

Etown started slow against Edmonson and Hart. Adair can put them in a hole if they dont have a better start.

As much as I hope Adair wins something tells me E-towns back #22 Cecil may be to much. If they handle him then they keep it close and if not then it's E-town.

In order to beat E'town, you must be able to do both: Run AND Pass.

 

Adair is heavily run-oriented (nearly 3:1, but way more than 2:1). The Indians will have to mix things up to give E'town a challenge defensively.

 

Granted North Hardin has struggled this year (against a pretty decent schedule), NH was the one team which gave E'town fits defensively -- mainly because it had a good QB (Bankhead) and a great running back (Graves, who is a very capable pass catcher).

 

North Hardin is bigger, deeper and far more athletic than Adair ... And E'town still bolted out to a decent lead before NH made a game of it late.

 

Mark Brown teams tend to make HUGE strides in Year II. This team is no different. What's different from past Mark Brown teams though is this Elizabethtown team is more experienced than other Year II teams. Elizabethtown really didn't lose a lot from last year -- from a team still getting used to brand-new offensive, defensive and weight room concepts.

 

Most of that team is back. They're also healthy as DE/TE Chase Bridges missed most of last year and LB Tyson Brown missed all of last year. Throw in three transfers (Jake Walker from Tennessee, the two Becherer brothers from Collins) and E'town has loads of depth defensively (I have a feeling Cecil would be a LB on many teams E'town plays and Cecil rarely, if ever, plays defense).

 

It's been a while since E'town has had a challenge, and the Panthers certainly need one heading into the postseason.

 

That being said, E'town has had this game circled on its calendar for a while (especially with some people saying this is the best Adair team ever and the Indians were a darkhorse favorite).

 

Do I think Adair can win? Yes. An early lead, some turnovers and some injuries could easily swing the game the Indians' way.

 

Do I think Adair WILL win? No, but Adair has still had a great season by its standards (and I'm sure many teams would like to have Adair's season and host a winnable playoff game).

Adair has grown but Etown takes this one

Biggest game in Adair County history? I think it probably is.

Biggest game in Elizabethtown history? I don't know Panther fans; let me know what you think!

 

Elizabethtown appears to be the clear favorite, but football is a game of momentum and discipline. Have either or lose either and there are consequences to pay! Good luck both teams! :thumb:

Adair will be ready friday night to show the state they are pretty good. Your comments on North Hardin being bigger, deeper and more athletic we tend to disagree maybe bigger and deeper but not any more skilled North was destroyed by a 2A school Desales. We feel that our backs Jordan Lasley and Lonnie Grant are as good as most anybody. Also saying E-town returned most players from last season Adair returned the house offense and defence our kids were babies last year 90% of our starters had to ride the bus to school. I know we failed a few times last year but those guys were just so young and took their licks as alot of schools do before the become know as football schools we have never been know for our football but hopefully friday will get us some love.

Even if Adair beats E'town, it will be considered a "good" win, but not a "great" win or "elite" win because E'town hasn't exactly played a murderer's row as far as schedule. Neither has Adair.

 

Caldwell is seen as the class of the region. Paducah Tilghman second. The E'town-Adair winner is third (with loser fourth). Bad thing is E'town/Adair still have to go through Caldwell or Tilghman to make it to the final (and then go through the other).

 

Plus, Region 1 is considered fodder for whoever (Boyle or Central) comes out of Region 2.

 

Adair beating E'town OR E'town beating Adair is a good win for the either. However, in the BIG picture, it's not that great. Boyle (beating everyone), Central (X), Caldwell (Tilghman) already have better wins.

 

I'm not sure if you take out this week's game (beating E'town for the Indians, OR winning at Adair for the Panthers), what other win(s) the teams can hang their hats on. They just don't exist.

Even if Adair beats E'town, it will be considered a "good" win, but not a "great" win or "elite" win because E'town hasn't exactly played a murderer's row as far as schedule. Neither has Adair.

I hear what your saying NB, but that's up in the speculator's realm. At the grocery store in Columbia, a win by Adair would be "Great".

 

I am pulling for the Indians, but think Etown might have too much, but they'll have to earn it because I think the Indians will be ready to play!

I hear what your saying NB, but that's up in the speculator's realm. At the grocery store in Columbia, a win by Adair would be "Great".

 

I am pulling for the Indians, but think Etown might have too much, but they'll have to earn it because I think the Indians will be ready to play!

 

I get you. For either team, it wouldn't be very good to get up about this win and then turn around and lose in round 1, 2 or even 3 (Caldwell and Tilghman are good, but not unbeatable for E'town and Adair) of the playoffs.

 

This weekend should NOT be the high point of either team's season.

To everyone that has a chance to make it to this game friday night i beleive you will enjoy it and if you have friends or family from Adair co im pretty sure you will see them there at the game.

What the heck! I just picked Adair even though I said I "thought" Etown would win, but I am really pulling for the Indians, so there you go!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.