Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do parents/fans join the team on the field post-game?

Featured Replies

I didn't say before or during, just after. Each place has its own traditions.

 

Still dont belong on the field after the game, period.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Still dont belong on the field after the game, period.

 

Other places see it differently. At Bethlehem, for example, all the students and parents listen in and join the prayer when the priest does his thing. Reinforces a community environment.

Highlands allows everyone on the field after the game. If you really want you get can get close enough to the team to hear the post game speech, however I think most parents/friends stay away until they break it down. I can tell you some of the best family pictures we have was after a Highlands victory on the field with my son and the entire family that was in attendance. Any school not allowing this is missing out IMO.

 

I know Harrison County blocked all non player access to the field after the game when the Birds played there last year.

 

I got a family picture on the field after a game. Something was wrong, one of the family didn't look like one of the family, then I looked closer, it was DALE. :D

Call me old school but I am not a fan.

 

Teams need to be by themselves for a bit after a game - win or loss.

 

Fans can come down after they wrap it up.

Call me old school but I am not a fan.

 

Teams need to be by themselves for a bit after a game - win or loss.

 

Fans can come down after they wrap it up.

 

Agreed, stay in the stands.

 

Specifically when its a road team and they beat the home team, then parents come on the field, kinda classless IMO.

Anderson Co. parents do this.

Franklin Co does it.

Agreed, stay in the stands.

 

Specifically when its a road team and they beat the home team, then parents come on the field, kinda classless IMO.

 

Been on both sides of the fence, coach and parent. Don't see anything wrong with it.

  • Author

Thought I'd throw this up to the top since it'll be fresh in the minds of folks coming home from games.

I like it and don't think there is anything wrong with it.

 

I've seen it where most of the families are around the team. It really enforces a community and family atmosphere. Parents feel involved and part of the process.

Never liked it.

 

When things are rock n rolling, it adds that much more fun and atmosphere to things.

 

But, when things aren't exactly stellar? Asking for issues.

Ryle fans came on the field after the game tonight. They were asked a few times to leave the field by the Cooper announcer. They ignored him and stayed on the field.

Ryle fans came on the field after the game tonight. They were asked a few times to leave the field by the Cooper announcer. They ignored him and stayed on the field.

 

Don't get why they do that. Especially on a visiting field

Ryle fans came on the field after the game tonight. They were asked a few times to leave the field by the Cooper announcer. They ignored him and stayed on the field.

Pretty sure the cooper fans stayed on the field as well.

Paducah Tilghman does not do it, so I have never been a fan of it.

But that statement says why, so I guess it just depends on what you are used to and how your school handles it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.