Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do parents/fans join the team on the field post-game?

Featured Replies

This topic came up in another thread and I thought it deserved its own.

 

List your school/area and whether the parents and fans there join the team to listen to the coach's postgame speech, or come onto the field afterward to greet the players.

 

This happens locally at Bethlehem, Nelson Co. and Thomas Nelson. Not as much at Bardstown.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall seeing it at: Raceland, Russell, Ashland, Greenup County, Boyd County, Fairview, East Carter or West Carter.

Campbell County parents/fans do go on the field for the post game talk.

Only place I ever saw it at football games was at Georgetown College.

  • Author

Interesting. I guess I always just thought it was more widespread than that.

Mayfield parents and fans do join the players down on the field after games.

Joining players and coaches on the field is a major Pioneer social event! Usually, the coaches have to chase they players off the field, or if on the road, threaten them with walking home if they do not disengage!

They do at Southwestern...

It absolutely happens at Johnson Central.

Why? What gives the parents a right to be on the field at all before during or after a game.

Only place I ever saw it at football games was at Georgetown College.

 

That explains why the former coach at CCH did it.

I wouldn't want my parents on field 5 minutes after a game and as a coach, I sure as heck don't want parents anywhere near me. Need some down time, especially after a tough loss.

Highlands allows everyone on the field after the game. If you really want you get can get close enough to the team to hear the post game speech, however I think most parents/friends stay away until they break it down. I can tell you some of the best family pictures we have was after a Highlands victory on the field with my son and the entire family that was in attendance. Any school not allowing this is missing out IMO.

 

I know Harrison County blocked all non player access to the field after the game when the Birds played there last year.

  • Author
Why? What gives the parents a right to be on the field at all before during or after a game.

 

I didn't say before or during, just after. Each place has its own traditions.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.