Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elizabethtown: Contender or Pretender?

Featured Replies

Elizabethtown's opponents records through 6 games

West Jessamine 0-6

Marion County 0-6

North Oldham 3-3

North Hardin 2-4

Bardstown 2-5

Edmonson County 4-2

11 Wins

26 Losses

While they are playing better defense these days with Brown at the helm, he is notorious for padding his schedule during the regular season and getting beaten and out-coached by better teams in the playoffs.

Same as last year got trampled by SW last year and I believe they thought they were world beaters then.3a is super strong this year may win a play off game at best

I agree with the schedule being super soft, but Etown is trying to change the culture. Football plays about 3rd, 4th, or 5th in order or importance at Etown behind soccer, baseball, basketball, girls basketball, and then football. The key is trying to keep and get kids out for football. Finding wins will probably help numbers in the long run. North Hardin is the best opponent we play all year and they might get 3 wins. District is pitiful and that can't be avoided. I do wish we would have had a tougher out of district schedule. Glasgow and Bardstown are just going through bad times. Normally they are solid programs. Just not right now. West jessamine and Marion might go 1-22 combined. I think we win round one easily and then who knows with Paducah. Paducah isn't great either but athletically they will matchup with Etown. Hopefully Cecil gets his head on straight because he didn't play last week. We will need him for any serious stretch run.

Big saucy keep talking and saying distric is pitiful and it will be a running clock against all including Adair co. Im buy no means saying Adair is great but i promise the boys at Adair will not back down. Im just see no reason to put everyone down to make yourself look better.

To be entirely fair, the schedule was a bit weaker last year.

I agree with the schedule being super soft, but Etown is trying to change the culture. Football plays about 3rd, 4th, or 5th in order or importance at Etown behind soccer, baseball, basketball, girls basketball, and then football. The key is trying to keep and get kids out for football. Finding wins will probably help numbers in the long run. North Hardin is the best opponent we play all year and they might get 3 wins. District is pitiful and that can't be avoided. I do wish we would have had a tougher out of district schedule. Glasgow and Bardstown are just going through bad times. Normally they are solid programs. Just not right now. West jessamine and Marion might go 1-22 combined. I think we win round one easily and then who knows with Paducah. Paducah isn't great either but athletically they will matchup with Etown. Hopefully Cecil gets his head on straight because he didn't play last week. We will need him for any serious stretch run.

 

Pretty sure the only reason that hierarchy you laid out exists is simply because of recent results. E'town can get back to being a football school real quick the way things are situated now in Hardin Co. A little success goes a long way, especially when football is the driver.

Brown took over a team that had very few seniors coming off a 6-5 year. He then went 7-4 with the schedule that was already laid out for him.

 

This is the schedule that Brown put together. I don't understand why after going 6-5 and 7-4 they needed to cupcake it up in order to get more kids out and make football prominent again.

 

Also, I am not saying this is exactly what they did.....as I agree that North Oldham, Bardstown, and North Hardin should have all been quality opponents that are just having down years.......but lets not say they scheduled weak in order to get wins and get people excited about football again. I can tell you this much, the 4 million dollar stadium and $300,000 instant replay scoreboard weren't built for soccer alone.

 

With all of that being said. I do think Etown is a contender. They have a great coaching staff, 15+ seniors, their kids work hard, and they have enough athletes to make anyone nervous when the season is on the line.

The jury is still out on them until the playoffs. With the exception of Adair Co., every game until the playoffs is a scrimmage. Here's hoping they use these games as an opportunity to improve and develop depth.

I think etown could be real, and while they're schedule is considered "weak" by almost all, I have confidence that they will perform down the stretch. Adair v Etown in a couple of weeks will be a telling game for this district and this region. I may be late to the party, but was Cecil out last week? or QB? or did Edmonson play their best game?

Brown took over a team that had very few seniors coming off a 6-5 year. He then went 7-4 with the schedule that was already laid out for him.

 

This is the schedule that Brown put together. I don't understand why after going 6-5 and 7-4 they needed to cupcake it up in order to get more kids out and make football prominent again.

 

Also, I am not saying this is exactly what they did.....as I agree that North Oldham, Bardstown, and North Hardin should have all been quality opponents that are just having down years.......but lets not say they scheduled weak in order to get wins and get people excited about football again. I can tell you this much, the 4 million dollar stadium and $300,000 instant replay scoreboard weren't built for soccer alone.

 

With all of that being said. I do think Etown is a contender. They have a great coaching staff, 15+ seniors, their kids work hard, and they have enough athletes to make anyone nervous when the season is on the line.

 

Good points here.

 

Looking at the Etown schedule to start the year it looked like it was significantly upgraded compared to year's past...just the other teams didn't hold up their end of the bargain.

 

I think I would not label them as Contender or Pretender either one, despite being halfway through the season Etown to me remains a bit of a mystery.

 

I know they have a good team and an improved team, the fact that they are dominating teams that last year or two years ago they were losing to tells us that. With that said common opponents and lack of playing a really good team tell us they probably are not in the same class as the Top 3 teams, but also not far from it.

 

If I were to lean one direction over the other I would say "Contender" whereas an Adair County would be a "Pretender" despite going undefeated.

 

Unfortunately it may be Round 2 of the playoffs before we know the extent of what this Etown team is.

Etown is a contender. While their schedule overall is weak, the win over NH is a legit win. NH is a quality team that has played a brutal schedule. NH is far superior to any opponent Adair Co. has faced.

To be entirely fair, the schedule was a bit weaker last year.

 

What's your take on E-Town? I'm assuming you've seen them and would like to hear your thoughts.

Etown has a very solid football team from what I have seen thus far. They beat what I feel is a quality opponent in NH, even though NH record doesnt speak of it. They beat Bardstown, which lost Farmer the starting QB early in that game. However IMO Adair is the only real threat left on the schedule, but Etown is a contender

If they want to beef up their schedule it's real easy. John Hardin and Central Hardin are right down the road.

I think etown could be real, and while they're schedule is considered "weak" by almost all, I have confidence that they will perform down the stretch. Adair v Etown in a couple of weeks will be a telling game for this district and this region. I may be late to the party, but was Cecil out last week? or QB? or did Edmonson play their best game?

 

Cecil was out.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.