Raceland 12 Greenup County 6

oldrambler

Beware Visiting teams at Raceland. Someone went into Greenup's locker room and threw the player's stuff into the showers and soaked their stuff.

And if that is indeed the case whoever did it (if they find out), will more than likely get serious repremand for it.

Now, we have got to get things straightened out. Nathaniel is not slow, but not a speed demon. Our success running the ball lies in traps and counters. Not ISO not BELLY. Yet we seem to run those two alot more than the others. Nathaniel really just looked off tonight. Got alot of work to do on that side of the ball before next week.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beware Visiting teams at Raceland. Someone went into Greenup's locker room and threw the player's stuff into the showers and soaked their stuff.

That's completely uncalled for and I would guess that should they find out who the guilty party is (and trust me, it will be investigated) and should it have been a Raceland student then there is a possibility of being expelled. That act imo is a crime and my opinion is that it will be investigated / treated as such.

We got alot of work to do offensively. Turnovers and dumb penalties made this game much closer than it shoukd have been. Realistically it should have been a 35-6 win. But it wasnt, defense was lights out only giving up 11 yards passing in the second half and kelt gc in the neg rushing. If our offense comes around we will be a tough out. Defense has to get some help and be able to get off the field though.

look are you sure we were at the same game ? Not trying to take anything from Raceland or Greenup but that comment is way off base. If you ask me Raceland Greenup and Russell are all even this year. Turn overs will decide who wins with all three teams when they play each other. You will have another game just like this one when you play Russell. But anyway it was a good hard hitting game and good luck to both team from here on out. :thumb:

What I am saying is that the turnovers were not really "forced" by a big hit, great play on the ball by a DB, one was a fumbled punt return that hit the player in the chest, the ints were just bad throws (Nathaniel was off tonight, hasnt looked like that all year). Then you have the 3 or 4 blown chances inside the redzone. Now, Greenuo had a little to do with that, BUT, better execution would have led to points. All in all, we left 3 or 4 tds laying on the field. So, thats what I am refering to. Not a knock on anything Greenup did or didnt do, simply stating we shot ourselves in the foot and Greenup did not take advantage of all the chances we gave them.

I certainly don't condone what some idiot did in this situation, but u don't know the whole story.

Greenup's coaches were told to lock their locker room after they exited after halftime and they didn't. Don't try to insinuate that the school is at fault because of one idiot's actions.

look are you sure we were at the same game ? Not trying to take anything from Raceland or Greenup but that comment is way off base. If you ask me Raceland Greenup and Russell are all even this year. Turn overs will decide who wins with all three teams when they play each other. You will have another game just like this one when you play Russell. But anyway it was a good hard hitting game and good luck to both team from here on out. :thumb:

Thats kinda what I was thinking... I mean yea if take away Davidsons ints and instead are td passes then sure its a 35-6 score. Could also say if Greenup capitilizes on just one of those turnovers Greenup wins. Or we could just say both team played a solid defensive game and Raceland just made more plays than Greenup. Raceland's defense dominated this game. I like that we have gone to the spread but the play calls dont utilize our weapons. Need to run the ball more I think.

Thats kinda what I was thinking... I mean yea if take away Davidsons ints and instead are td passes then sure its a 35-6 score. Could also say if Greenup capitilizes on just one of those turnovers Greenup wins. Or we could just say both team played a solid defensive game and Raceland just made more plays than Greenup. Raceland's defense dominated this game. I like that we have gone to the spread but the play calls dont utilize our weapons. Need to run the ball more I think.

Thats why I have said that we got lucky that our defense played the way it did. Because offensively, we gave Greenup every chance in the world to win this ball game. it was a good ball game by score. By play, it was Raceland's defense that won the game. I am baffled as to why we always come out in our first few possessions, moving the ball like crazy, then go completely foat in the second quarter and just going throuh the motions. Defensively, this team is alive and well, offensively, we still seem to be a bit drab. Kane has looked alot better the last 2 weeks and Bailey Walker has looked pretty good. We gotta get something going offensively.

First of all, this act wasn't committed by a football affiliated person. We don't even know if it was a Raceland person. Second of all, lock your darn locker room door! You were informed to as is all visiting teams at all venues. Locks are on all doors at all venues for a reason. There are always idiots creeping around when good people are watching the game. Unfortunately, all communities have bad people.

And I forgot. This incident is embarrassing to all of the good people in Raceland-Worthington. I hope the cameras caught a glimpse of this/these idiots. I hope all of the GC people out there know how sorry we are this happened.

Greenup played hard and hats off to them for that. They are improved and I hope they keep improving.

Raceland's offense has to find their groove. I agree, the edge is not for them. I think Raceland had an advantage on the LOS and didn't utilize it properly. The defense is the strong point. But, a win is a win.