Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is There A War On Police?

Featured Replies

living in the past are we.

 

Im talking NOW, not then. I know cops get killing in line of duty, wreck in chase, etc. Not just going up and shooting them at gas station, or stopped in front of building.

 

Your quote

 

Hasn't been done in the past.

 

Maybe you need to be more specific.

This is kind of my thinking. And from talking to some former co-workers, police officers are certainly under the microscope and not always given the respect/credibility they have had in the recent past.

 

I believe this IS due to enhanced media exposure on the bad ones that may not have been covered or distributed as much in the past.

I know police officers are getting more warnings both credible and non credible than ever in the past about threats made and directed at Law Enforcement. The threat level seems to be at an all-time high.

 

While deaths are down year to date, the count for August I think was around three times higher than last year as far as gunfire deaths go. I point to August as the anti-police rhetoric seemed to reach a fever pitch this summer as we moved into August.

 

Is there a War on Cops...NO. Are there people who suddenly think it is their right and duty to assault police, YES. Are they misguided, simple minded and possibly mentally ill...most definitely yes they are...yet the officers they just for being cops are injured and killed none the less.

 

If just 20, 30 or 40 people out of 300,000,000 feel the way Ismaaiyl Brinsley, Shannon J. Miles or the teenager that shot the Las Vegas cops while they sat in their car at a traffic light...then we are looking at 20, 30, 40 or more police officers shot in ambush style attacks. I would venture to say there are many more who feel the same way, hopefully they don't act on it.

I believe this IS due to enhanced media exposure on the bad ones that may not have been covered or distributed as much in the past.

 

And frankly I don't blame the public on that one.

 

Police Departments need to do everything within their powers to the nth degree to make sure they are all righteous, ethical, lawful, etc.

And frankly I don't blame the public on that one.

 

Police Departments need to do everything within their powers to the nth degree to make sure they are all righteous, ethical, lawful, etc.

 

Agree. I have my own personal issues with specific individuals and some of their actions, and I believe some departments have some practices and arrangements that could use a major revamp....still no cause for targeting of human life.

 

As for the guys I know that carry too much swagger and believe that their uniform is more important than my citizenship....you get that sometimes. I tend to not blink or bow.

My advice to everyone is try being friendly next time you encounter a police officer.

My advice to everyone is try being friendly next time you encounter a police officer.

 

 

I always am. :angrybird5:

Your post is why I asked for thoughts. I think that most people take recent events and overstate them in relation to previous years.

 

However, stats do NOT show the brazen nature which some officers have died. That may be different even though the numbers are less than previous decades.

 

To be fair stats don't back the BLM movement either.

I wont call it a war, but it does seem like they are being targeted more commonly than before. What was it, like 8 police officers killed in 9 days? You can't tell me that they aren't being targeted more today than previously.

 

It was 6 over 8 days. 3 were by gunfire. 2 in traffic accidents and 1 heart attack.

It was 6 over 8 days. 3 were by gunfire. 2 in traffic accidents and 1 heart attack.

Maybe a different 8 days than you are talking about but from Aug 24 to Sept 1(date of the latest death) it was 4 by gunfire, 1 struck by a car and 2 in auto accidents.

The most well known 'war on police' was waged by the Weatherman. This would Chicago based Ayers, his wife, and their compatriots.

 

They also wanted to ignite a race war in the US.

 

So if seems that 'war on police' and the 'race war' flames are being fanned someone should find out where Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn are.

The most well known 'war on police' was waged by the Weatherman. This would Chicago based Ayers, his wife, and their compatriots.

 

They also wanted to ignite a race war in the US.

 

So if seems that 'war on police' and the 'race war' flames are being fanned someone should find out where Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn are.

 

Probably busy ghost writing another autobiography.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.