What teams will be in the final four in in 1A in 06?

Can't speak to the north or east, but Danville and Mayfield look like the odds on favorites over here. Bardstown will be good again, but it will be difficult to recreate last season.

Yes, Bardstown will contend along with Holy Cross. But I don't know where these teams stand on experience and how many returning players they have. Holy Cross appears to have been extremely successful during the regular season for the past four or five years but can't seem to win those big playoff games.

Yes, Bardstown will contend along with Holy Cross. But I don't know where these teams stand on experience and how many returning players they have. Holy Cross appears to have been extremely successful during the regular season for the past four or five years but can't seem to win those big playoff games.

Bardstown used so many people on offense, it is difficult to pigeonhole who was a starter and who wasn't. At one time they used 15 running backs in a single game. The real question mark is returning only 2-3 letterman on the offensive line, and then figuring out a quarterback question. WenQuel Graves will be a converted WR and has a cannon, but doesn't know the position. RB/WR Paul Downs is a good senior leader with a lot of ability and durability. Otherwise, they are, and have always been, an offense by committee.

Defensively, the Tigers return 6 players with significant experience and have questions primarily on the defensive line. They will have a sophomore linebacker who I believe is a legitimate big college propsect.

Holy Cross graduated their big linebacker and several huge lineman, but have seemed to be able to replace quite ably each year.

Danville returns almost every starter. The depth and talent on the line is exceptional, and Harp I'm sure will plug in his usual bevy of backfield talents. I think they will be the real thunder this year.

Danville is going to be fast this year. Have heard Daylon Harris has another gear this year. He ran a 4.3 something at the Centre combine. Cant say he is that, but he is a legit 4.4. Leonard Macon could be tough to deal with as well. 6'5 205 pound soon to be sophmore WR. This kid might have the tools to play somewhere. He is still growing. Runs well.

Danville is going to be fast this year. Have heard Daylon Harris has another gear this year. He ran a 4.3 something at the Centre combine. Cant say he is that, but he is a legit 4.4. Leonard Macon could be tough to deal with as well. 6'5 205 pound soon to be sophmore WR. This kid might have the tools to play somewhere. He is still growing. Runs well.

Macon has got to get a lot tougher. He got pushed around by Bardstown's DB's in the regional final and, I believe, cost his team two Tiger interceptions. He has the raw physical tools but needs the technique and toughness. If anyone can give it to him its Sam Harp, and when that happens, Macon could be a major force.

im sure he needs to get tougher, no question. Almost all freshman do. Just growing into and being able to control his body will help, and that comes with maturity. Knowing how to play the game is an issue with all freshman.

BTW, I'm high on Macon. I reread my post and it sounded negative.