Kentucky Cantrall rankings

uk#1fan

I agree there is a magic number, but:

- It's hard to tell who it's definitely helping (maybe Owensboro, since it has beaten traditional names Catholic and Warren Central)

- It's hard to tell who it's definitely hurting (maybe Daviess, since it historically isn't very good and it could have a lower starting magic number than say Owensboro, which has beaten Catholic just like Daviess)

And who knows how CalPreps and MaxPreps magic number compare to Lit (state only) and Cantrall (state only). Their magic numbers would have to be different somehow, no?

Is there some sort of factor that exists? Yes.

Can you prove who it has been applied to and how much it changes compared to a similar team? That's much harder to decypher.

And should Male and Trinity have a better magic number than say Elizabethtown (also 3-0)? Yes. They may all be 3-0, but there's no way Elizabethtown is equal to the other two.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Guy's LOL and I don't take him seriously,But over the years he does to me at least show quite a bit of bias. then again everyone needs a good laugh once in awhile.

Cantrall Ratings still are nowhere as bad as Lit on the whole.

Computers don't pull for anyone. The way he chooses to value the data may be questioned but computer programs don't pull for people. Why is it so hard for people to understand that?
If Cantrall uses an Acer computer, it might pull for Owensboro Catholic. Just sayin...

Wow! Guy's I in no way expected a simple comment about bias to blow up into something like this... but pretty cool discussion nevertheless, any way I didn't mean A computer could be biased only the info going into it, we all know their only A tool and only as good as the one operating them, junk in junk out. cantrall himself may not be, but the perception is there to everyone except those in cent. & NKY