Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Respect for Parents Who Bring the Kids to Church

Featured Replies

Shout out to all the parents who wake up on a Sunday morning when they could sleep in, and bring the kids to church. It's not easy. It's a struggle. The kids probably would rather play and stay home. I look around at church at the figity children and their parents who are stressed as they try to quiet their little ones. I just want to say to mom and dad, "You are doing just fine. Your kids are not bothering me. Thanks for bringing them to church."

I am past that stage of having to get kids moving along. You are correct though with the kudos.

Bringing the whole family to Mass every Sunday can literally change a life. I've been to probably 20 countries, and in every single one of them my Dad would find a Catholic Mass on Sunday and we'd be there.

Bringing the whole family to Mass every Sunday can literally change a life. I've been to probably 20 countries, and in every single one of them my Dad would find a Catholic Mass on Sunday and we'd be there.

 

I really enjoy attending church in different locations while on trips. It is interesting to see similarities and differences in how services are handled, songs sang, etc.

The sentiment I most often heard when I was attending Southern Baptist churches was "I wish they'd leave those heathen brats at home instead of here disrupting the service." Crabby old Baptists. If they weren't saying nasty things they were giving dirty looks. Personally, I thought that, for the most part, the little ones were pretty well-behaved. It's not easy for really young kids to be still and quiet for an hour or longer. The two worst-behaved kids I ever saw during a service were both pastors' kids.

You know the difference between a Baptist and a Catholic ? The Catholics actually speak to each other in the liquor store . ( stlen from BGP's years ago )

The sentiment I most often heard when I was attending Southern Baptist churches was "I wish they'd leave those heathen brats at home instead of here disrupting the service." Crabby old Baptists. If they weren't saying nasty things they were giving dirty looks. Personally, I thought that, for the most part, the little ones were pretty well-behaved. It's not easy for really young kids to be still and quiet for an hour or longer. The two worst-behaved kids I ever saw during a service were both pastors' kids.

I would have never suspected you were a pastor's kid.

I would have never suspected you were a pastor's kid.

 

 

:) Wasn't me. I was always quite well-behaved in church, believe it or not.

:) Wasn't me. I was always quite well-behaved in church, believe it or not.

 

I was a preacher's kid. I can't say the same. I'm already having nightmares about my son 10 years from now. :ohbrother:

I drop the gf's daughter off at church most Sunday's. Before cross country season, most Wednesday's as well.

 

One wants to go and one has no interest. We let them make their own decision.

You know the difference between a Baptist and a Catholic ? The Catholics actually speak to each other in the liquor store . ( stlen from BGP's years ago )

 

Grew up Southern Baptist, converted to Catholicism, attending Baptist church again now....I've got guilt I didn't know I had until someone told me....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.