3. Christian Academy - Louisville at 3A #5 Central

4. Murray vs. 5A Graves County

5. Owensboro Catholic at 5A #3 Owensboro

6. Danville vs. 3A # 1Boyle County

7. Newport Central Catholic at 6A Campbell County

8. Somerset vs. 1A #1 Beechwood

9. Lloyd Memorial at 5A Grant County

10. Lexington Christian Academy vs. Green County

Mayfield remains on top, will anyone be able to knock them off? DeSales and CAL have tall tasks this week, can they get upsets? Danville and Boyle County play this week, no need to say anything else about that. LCA moves in the top 10 for the first time in a while, will they be in the discussion at the top this season? Who is too high? Who is too low? What other teams are in the top 15?

Monroe dropped out despite the win against warren east?? I think they will prove to be worthy of top ten as season goes on. Other than that no questions good job.

I think they will be worthy as the season progresses, but that Warren East victory may look less and less shiny as the season goes along. I'm just not sure the Raiders are a very good team.

Well on their one common opponent LCA dominated Williamsburg much more thoroughly than Somerset did.

Somerset started slow but outscored Williamsburg 40-7 over the last 3 quarters. That's pretty similar to what LCA did to the Jackets. The Jumpers were also playing on the road while LCA wasn't. However, LCA knocked off Somerset last season so if I were going to rank them on 2 games I'd give them the nod on that alone.

Somerset started slow but outscored Williamsburg 40-7 over the last 3 quarters. That's pretty similar to what LCA did to the Jackets. The Jumpers were also playing on the road while LCA wasn't. However, LCA knocked off Somerset last season so if I were going to rank them on 2 games I'd give them the nod on that alone.

I agree, I would also add that from the stats that I saw LCA did a better job of stopping them from moving the ball.

Rankings are just rankings.....2a is stacked with some very good talented teams this year. The ones just outside the top ten could be ranked very good come week 9. If not the playoffs will show who deserved the rank and who didn't. I personally am ok with the top ten. If you earn, you should be there....Monroe will be fine.

And Warren East is horrible this year. Not sure what is going on in east!!!!!

I'm telling you guys right now, NewCath is just a step away right now. They are much better than last year defensively and on the OLine. Add Smith and they can start to put some points up. I don't know how they'll fair against Belfry (probably an L) but by the end of the year they will be right there. They have the pieces.

I'm telling you guys right now, NewCath is just a step away right now. They are much better than last year defensively and on the OLine. Add Smith and they can start to put some points up. I don't know how they'll fair against Belfry (probably an L) but by the end of the year they will be right there. They have the pieces.

:sssh: let them just lay in the weeds and surprise 2A.

I wouldn't expect anything less from NCC.