Ashland Holy Family Collegiate School

Anyone got info on this school? Color? Mascot?

Many moons ago I believe they were the Fighting Irish and wore blue and white. They participated in the KHSAA from mid-1930s until 1986. In basketball, they were district champions in 1958 and 1980, and made eight trips to the 16th Region tournament. Three times they were region runners-up, losing to Ashland in 1971, 1979, and 1980.

What district? 64th I assume?

I'd guess. With Regions 1, 2, and 3 all having one three-team district a new school in Ashland, plus one in Lexington and Scott County within the next few years could be a godsend to the KHSAA. That might allow some maneuvering to assure no three-team districts going forward. We shall see...

I'd guess. With Regions 1, 2, and 3 all having one three-team district a new school in Ashland, plus one in Lexington and Scott County within the next few years could be a godsend to the KHSAA. That might allow some maneuvering to assure no three-team districts going forward. We shall see...

Didn't someone have an idea to eliminate the three team districts with the current teams in the state? I don't know why the KHSAA doesn't do that, or at least look in the consolidation trend and prepare ahead of time.

Didn't someone have an idea to eliminate the three team districts with the current teams in the state? I don't know why the KHSAA doesn't do that, or at least look in the consolidation trend and prepare ahead of time.

I know they talk about it. I've looked at it out in western Kentucky and you can eliminate the three-teamers but it is very difficult from a geographic standpoint.

Thanks AHS, the info on line that I saw at a couple other sites only listed them through the 8th grade. So, after a little research, I found this this morning:

Holy Family planning high school - The Independent Online: Local News

This article is dated Jan 28th, 2014, so they must have just started the high school again last school year maybe after a hiatus of 28 years.

Their sports website shows soccer and cross country...and I'm not sure if soccer wasn't just middle school. Seems to me they are really jumping the gun requesting entry into the KHSAA.

Which one would that be? I'm not too familiar with the 16th All A.

It might not affect a school in the 16th region...it would affect the #125 school on the all A list (whoever that might be). Could be anyone from anywhere. I guess one would have to see the all A cut off list and see who the last school (which would be the biggest school on the list) would be.

I had no idea Holy Family had a high school again. I love it. Holy Family had some great teams in the past. Ashland's Girls coach Bill Bradley is a Holy Family alum. I wonder if he has any aspirations of coaching his alma mater?