How will Cov Cath treat Coach Eviston?

I keep reading these Cov Cath threads talking about their tough schedule. It seems many are convinced this will be a losing season. The schedule won't be any different next year. If Eviston has a losing record after two years, how will CCH administration and fans react? Will Eviston get the Coach Brossart treatment and be replaced? Or will he get the Coach Wirth treatment and get a little longer to make it work despite the .500 or lower records?

I keep reading these Cov Cath threads talking about their tough schedule. It seems many are convinced this will be a losing season. The schedule won't be any different next year. If Eviston has a losing record after two years, how will CCH administration and fans react? Will Eviston get the Coach Brossart treatment and be replaced? Or will he get the Coach Wirth treatment and get a little longer to make it work despite the .500 or lower records?

1) I'm not convinced it will be a losing season by any means.

2) How do you know their schedule for next year and what is it?

3) You treat the coach as he deserves to be treated - By all accounts Eviston treats those around him (players, parents, administration) with respect and everyone knows where they stand. In turn, he is given that respect. I think he will end up being at Cov Cath as long as he wants to be there.

I watched the end of practice on Monday before my boys' soccer game. Eddie reminds me of Yeagle in terms of his delivery and his message. Very positive, very direct, and very authoritative. That positivity and accountability seemed to trickle down to the players. During one of the sprints, a player was over the line. His teammates didn't get on him for making them run another sprint. There was a positive, "Let's GO!" type message coming from the team. Every sprint was run hard, there was a pep to the step.

What I am saying is, as of right now, they look like a team taking on the image of their coaches. They are busting it from what I could see. If you have kids playing that hard, all of the time, focusing on doing the little things right, and your record is poor, it will be because you played better teams most of the time. No coach can do anything about that beyond changing the schedule.

1) I'm not convinced it will be a losing season by any means.

2) How do you know their schedule for next year and what is it?

3) You treat the coach as he deserves to be treated - By all accounts Eviston treats those around him (players, parents, administration) with respect and everyone knows where they stand. In turn, he is given that respect. I think he will end up being at Cov Cath as long as he wants to be there.

In Kentucky, almost everyone does two year contracts on their schedules. I assume CCH did that this year, which means next year's schedule should be the same, just flip the home field.

Good grief people..... Colonels lose first game to a pretty good football team, and probably will take their lumps Friday night against StX. They will be fine. Remember, it is KY, so only the few District games will count anyway. IMO, they play a good,solid schedule....not an overly tough schedule. They are 5A, not 2A..... so the solid schedule comes with the 5A classification. The Colonel faithful will give Eddie all the time he needs. They will be fine.

They should treat him very well. I thought he did a great job on Friday. His kids played with passion and he used the athletes he had very well, putting them in a position to succeed. He is going to do some very good things soon, maybe even this year if they stay healthy through the early season schedule. They got beat Friday by a better team with a little more talent.

This is a good team and an excellent coaching staff. They will continue to improve as the season progresses. I expect the colonels will surprise many people. Regardless, Eddie was a perfect hire and I don't think it will take very long for that to be determined. I did receive several texts from fellow alums after the game saying, "fire Eviston...he hasn't even won a game since he took over the program!" All of which were in good fun and people have realistic expectations. Rome wasn't built in a day. It will take a little time to restore the program.

Eddie should, and I think will, be given a few years to get things going with his stamp on the program. This schedule was made prior to him being hired and by all accounts is extremely difficult. Wins and losses don't matter as long as the program is getting healthier and things are being done the right way. Eviston is a class act and he has some really good coaches to work with. This team may not win a state championship right away like he did at NCC, but I expect these kids to be taught the important things about life and football. I also expect this program to improve each year he is there

Don't be fooled by Coach Eviston's demeanor. He is extremely cool with his outward expressions, good or bad, and is ultra competitive. His players and coaching staff will feed off of this and he will suprise all the nay sayers. Just be patient.