NKY Coaches Poll week 1

uk#1fan

Well, I didn't say too much about Conner, for the very reason you just stated. Scott got them last year, so they might be able to do it again. As far as Beechwood goes, what makes you think Scott is better and can beat them? I may not agree with you on this one, but I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm just curious if you know some good info here

As far as Beechwood they are a very good team . I just think Scott is better and would beat them this season if played . As far as Conner . Scott had beat them last season and both teams did not lose many players. I think Conner will be good and it will be a good matchup in a couple weeks when the Cougars travel out to Taylormill for a good match up.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think Scott should be over either team? I think Beechwood would beat Scott by a significant margin

Didn't Scott JV beat Beechwood JV last year? Alot of those teams have moved up to varsity this year.. I know it's a stretch but that about the only comparative analysis I could come up with.. I would love to see Scott play against Woolley's alma mater!

What makes you think Scott should be over either team? I think Beechwood would beat Scott by a significant margin

I would agree "based on" what I saw on Friday night. Granted, it was the 1st game of the season, but the Scott offense did nothing that would make me think they could beat Beechwood.

A 3 TD victory over Highlands trumps beating a good 2A team starting a Freshman QB.

So by this thinking if Campbell County beats Highlands,Cooper beats NCC and SK beats Bryan Station, you jump SK back over Cooper since the 2A New Cath win won't be as impressive as the 6A win?

I have not seen them like you have so I will take your word for it. 7x7 do not mean much, but it does give you an idea of what teams will be able to do. It's just very difficult to ever count out Highlands. I actually hope you are right.

Not counting out Highlands. I am sure they will improve and they are a great program. I just don't think their skill players match up this year compared to years past.

So by this thinking if Campbell County beats Highlands,Cooper beats NCC and SK beats Bryan Station, you jump SK back over Cooper since the 2A New Cath win won't be as impressive as the 6A win?

Depends on how the wins happen. If Cooper struggles and is tied heading into the 4 th quarter and SK wins handily, then we can talk.

Depends on how the wins happen. If Cooper struggles and is tied heading into the 4 th quarter and SK wins handily, then we can talk.

CAL had the lead in the 3rd qtr. 23 to 22 then SK scores 14 in the 3rd and 14 in the 4th. It is not how you start it is how you finish the game. SK finished the game strong.