NKY Coaches Poll week 1

uk#1fan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott too high and Ryle shouldn't be above Highlands

Disagree 100% right now. We saw Highlands skill athletes first hand quite a bit this summer. I know 7x7's do not mean much but I would argue that CCH should be ranked above Highlands as well. If they stay healthy, which is a big if considering that they already lost a key player and the fact that their schedule is brutal over the next two weeks, I think CCH will beat Highlands. Just my opinion but HHS does not have an answer for #4 or a couple other of the CCH athletes.

Cooper clearly deserves to jump in the poll after beating goliath. Not sure that they should jump my Pioneers who did exactly what they were supposed to do on Friday night.

SK

Cooper

Ryle

Highlands

A 3 TD victory over Highlands trumps beating a good 2A team starting a Freshman QB.

That looks a lot better.... I still think Scott too high and Campbell too low

Campbell is definitely too low. Conner, NCC and Scott too high. Beechwood despite being a small school is good, so they are in a good spot.

Dropping Highlands to #4 seems drastic... didn't see the game, but heard it wasn't really a blow out like the score might seem. I would give the Birds another week or so before dropping them too much!

That 2A team would beat every NKY accept SK.

Come on, now. You guys actually have a decent schedule this year, so you will be able to prove your points later. This win is a good one as CAL is a Top 3 2A team. Later in the season, with more seasoning for the QB, I'd lend it more credibility. However, it doesn't really compare favorably to what Cooper did.

I have not seen them like you have so I will take your word for it. 7x7 do not mean much, but it does give you an idea of what teams will be able to do. It's just very difficult to ever count out Highlands. I actually hope you are right.

Disagree 100% right now. We saw Highlands skill athletes first hand quite a bit this summer. I know 7x7's do not mean much but I would argue that CCH should be ranked above Highlands as well. If they stay healthy, which is a big if considering that they already lost a key player and the fact that their schedule is brutal over the next two weeks, I think CCH will beat Highlands. Just my opinion but HHS does not have an answer for #4 or a couple other of the CCH athletes.

What makes you think Scott should be over either team? I think Beechwood would beat Scott by a significant margin

As far as Beechwood they are a very good team . I just think Scott is better and would beat them this season if played . As far as Conner . Scott had beat them last season and both teams did not lose many players. I think Conner will be good and it will be a good matchup in a couple weeks when the Cougars travel out to Taylormill for a good match up.

Come on, now. You guys actually have a decent schedule this year, so you will be able to prove your points later. This win is a good one as CAL is a Top 3 2A team. Later in the season, with more seasoning for the QB, I'd lend it more credibility. However, it doesn't really compare favorably to what Cooper did.

Faster than any NKY team.