Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Silver Grove cancels volleyball season

Featured Replies

According to Twitter, Silver Grove has cancelled volleyball for 2015, citing lack of players and a coaching departure.

 

I feel bad for the students forced to attend this outdated independent school system because civic leaders with stubborn pride refuse to shut it down. There's nothing romantic or nostalgic about attending a school that is ranked at the bottom in state test scores, has no academic resources, and frankly isn't preparing anyone for the future.

 

When the last train left Silver Grove years ago, it took the town with it. Time to shut it down and move on. You can get that close knit community feeling in plenty of other schools that are thriving, both in the classroom and athletics.

I would have to agree. It's time for Silver Grove to embrace the Campbell County school system and do the right thing for their kids.

According to Twitter, Silver Grove has cancelled volleyball for 2015, citing lack of players and a coaching departure.

 

I feel bad for the students forced to attend this outdated independent school system because civic leaders with stubborn pride refuse to shut it down. There's nothing romantic or nostalgic about attending a school that is ranked at the bottom in state test scores, has no academic resources, and frankly isn't preparing anyone for the future.

 

When the last train left Silver Grove years ago, it took the town with it. Time to shut it down and move on. You can get that close knit community feeling in plenty of other schools that are thriving, both in the classroom and athletics.

 

AGREE 1000% with this.

Maybe Dayton should do the same as well.

I was surprised to hear the silver grove had a team at all.

 

Have been hearing talk of Dayton & Bellevue combining for a very long time.

I was surprised to hear the silver grove had a team at all.

 

Have been hearing talk of Dayton & Bellevue combining for a very long time.

 

Dayton has plenty of growth lately with the development of the Prigge Hill and the million dollar homes on the floodwall. Silver Grove has no such development. Can't see them existing as a High School much longer. Why not model what Southgate Independent school district does and go K-8?

Dayton has plenty of growth lately with the development of the Prigge Hill and the million dollar homes on the floodwall. Silver Grove has no such development. Can't see them existing as a High School much longer. Why not model what Southgate Independent school district does and go K-8?

 

Dayton also has an outstanding group of Administrators now who are raising standards and expectations.

Dayton has plenty of growth lately with the development of the Prigge Hill and the million dollar homes on the floodwall. Silver Grove has no such development. Can't see them existing as a High School much longer. Why not model what Southgate Independent school district does and go K-8?

 

....and if any of those folks have kids, I'd bet NONE send there kids to Dayton. If they can afford a million dollar home, they can afford to send their kids elsewhere.

 

I agree with @Qryche11 about the current group of Administrators (and some very outstanding teachers as well), but.....Ask yourself this question....."If you lived in Dayton right now, would you send your kid/kids to Dayton HS"?

 

I guess this might be another time my "brutal honesty" gets me in "hot water". :idunno:

....and if any of those folks have kids, I'd bet NONE send there kids to Dayton. If they can afford a million dollar home, they can afford to send their kids elsewhere.

 

I agree with @Qryche11 about the current group of Administrators (and some very outstanding teachers as well), but.....Ask yourself this question....."If you lived in Dayton right now, would you send your kid/kids to Dayton HS"?

 

I guess this might be another time my "brutal honesty" gets me in "hot water". :idunno:

I was thinking the exact same thing @Lawnboy13.

Didn't SG cancel their Girls Basketball season last year?? Any chance they field a Girls team this year??

Didn't SG cancel their Girls Basketball season last year?? Any chance they field a Girls team this year??

 

No girls bball program last yr. And I doubt they have one this yr.

I know SG has been struggling for years. I hate to see a small school district go under, because there are some great things about being part of a small school.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.