Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nice Video of Warren Central

Featured Replies

Nice clip, but I only saw 1 of the dunks in person. Semis of that year. Man was that team loaded.

 

IMO, Maresca was the best player on the floor that game. Absolutely money from midrange. Oh yea and Dewalt could jump a little. Anyone else catch that oop dunk where his head was even with the rim? Nasty.

I thought the one handed put back slam from Worm in the state finals was the best live high school dunk I had ever seen, until I saw this video. My all-time favorite now is Worm's two handed reverse putback against Russellville at home. It looked like he caught it at his waist with his back to the basket and then he just reversed it over his head. I couldn't believe it. Incredible!!!

Dewalt's put-back dunk against Mason Co. in the finals was quite possibly the nastiest dunk I have ever seen. A close second was in 2003 at Rupp Arena when Warren Central played in the first round against Calloway County. Dewalt was a trailer on a fast break and caught a pass at about the free throw line. A kid from Calloway tried to step in and take a charge, but got there a little late. Lonnell proceeded to raise up and just absolutely crush on him. He then stood over the guy and did the same dance that he did in the video. A little unnecessary, but the crowd went absolutley nuts.

 

The guy was extremely athletic and had quite a future in football. It's a real shame that he couldn't get it done in the classroom.

Some nice dunks, hard to believe they had that many in one season, it would take the 9th region 10 years combined to come up with that number. Some of the set plays were very nice.

Some nice dunks, hard to believe they had that many in one season, it would take the 9th region 10 years combined to come up with that number. Some of the set plays were very nice.

I took time and counted this:

#33 DeWalt 29

#41 Maresca 26

#21 McFarland 4

#23 Whitney 1

 

Total In-Game Dunks: 60

One of my favorites from that year is the one against Clinton County (team in Blue that Central plays at WKU), Worm brought the ball up the floor end to end, and dribbles through four of the Clinton County players and slams it home. Right down the lane too. Just symbolized the dominance.

I took time and counted this:

#33 DeWalt 29

#41 Maresca 26

#21 McFarland 4

#23 Whitney 1

 

Total In-Game Dunks: 60

 

 

Seemed like more than 60 but I will take your word.:D I remember being in HS when Fairdale and their trio made their back to back run. Our school hosted some Fairdale students for the day and they kept a running dunk total for Mo Morris, Jermaine Brown and Turner, I believe they combined for over 200 if my memory is correct.

The video was sick...just sick.....those dunks were vicious... the jiggle dance was appropriate....If I ever dunked on someone like that.... U can bet I would be jiggling.....Those kids...errrr men were just dominating.

Matt Mauresca (sp???)

 

He's a hoss, also like the skills of #33.

Dewalt's put-back dunk against Mason Co. in the finals was quite possibly the nastiest dunk I have ever seen. A close second was in 2003 at Rupp Arena when Warren Central played in the first round against Calloway County. Dewalt was a trailer on a fast break and caught a pass at about the free throw line. A kid from Calloway tried to step in and take a charge, but got there a little late. Lonnell proceeded to raise up and just absolutely crush on him. He then stood over the guy and did the same dance that he did in the video. A little unnecessary, but the crowd went absolutley nuts.

 

The guy was extremely athletic and had quite a future in football. It's a real shame that he couldn't get it done in the classroom.

 

 

Thats all i can say about it.....jump off my feet after all theses years.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.