Brossart vs. Dayton Predictions

NKY-Sub

Bishop Brossart vs. Dayton  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Bishop Brossart vs. Dayton

Mustangs open the season at their new digs on the natural surface at Bob Miller Stadium at the Campbell County Middle School.

This is always a good game because the Mustangs usually take Dayton's best shot of the season. Seems that after Week 1 (or 0 in this case) the Greendevils, in the past, have had injuries/defections that have caused them not to be the same team they are on opening night.

I iike this Brossart team. We have a lot of veterans in the lineup. Offensively Schoulties and Cetrulo can carry the mail, and we have the dual QB option of the veteran Pffeferman and newcomer Chase Keller. With Keller under center that adds Pffefferman as an additional offensive threat.

Defense seems solid led by Jake Martin with Schadler, Goepper, Cetrulo, Williams, Blank and Pffeferman being responsible for the majority of the tackles.

The Mustangs are 32 deep this year, albeit with an insurgence of freshmen, and scrimmaged creditably with 2-A Gallatin County this past Friday night in Warsaw.

Staying healthy will be the key to our success throughout the new season.

This is a big game! Both teams have renewed expectations this season and week 0 can be an indicator of what lies ahead. Dayton and Brossart both likely look at this game as a probable "W" on their schedule and you hate to miss an opportunity right out of the gate.

I don't know enough about either to offer a prediction but close games can be decided by turnovers, penalties and miscues. If those are somewhat equal, I would expect it to be won or lost on the offensive / defensive lines.

Should be a close game. From what I have read, this this looks to be a solid Brossart team, better than the past 2 seasons. I still feel good about this year's Dayton team, although they struggled in their 3 way scrimmage against Bethel-Tate and Gamble. They should be able to sustain some long drives, with a fairly balanced attack. Their defense will need to step up and contain the sweeps.

I predict the score will be 18-14.

Has been a pretty tight battle the last few years. However, since more kids have come out for football with the Class change and redistricting, I think Brossart has some talent playing this year. I will go with the Mustangs in this one