Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Board approves upgrades to Rupp Arena

Featured Replies

The changes will take place over an 18 month period, starting this season. Included will be new video board and scoreboard above center court, new screens in the four corners, audio improvements, new ribbon boards, and a new ceiling to attract more concerts and events.

 

Rupp Arena approved for $15 million technology upgrade

 

 

11800526_10152911614476714_6932273301796334765_n.jpg

  • Replies 32
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many across the state are jumping for joy. No more Big Bertha and red air ducts.

I guess they have totally given up on the idea of a new arena?

Anything to get the big pine cone outta there.

Can't believe the Cats are losing at home to Tennessee 63-54 on the new scoreboard.

Can't believe the Cats are losing at home to Tennessee 63-54 on the new scoreboard.

 

The "final designs may vary" disclaimer at the bottom of it suggests that 7:19 is enough time for the 'Cats to make up the deficit.

The "final designs may vary" disclaimer at the bottom of it suggests that 7:19 is enough time for the refs to make up the deficit.

 

Fixed that for you. :banana:

I thought they were building a new arena? Why would you rehab anything in this one?

I thought they were building a new arena? Why would you rehab anything in this one?

 

Deep concerns about displacing a large community of endangered rats living in the bowels of the building.

I thought they were building a new arena? Why would you rehab anything in this one?

I think after the financial fiasco in Louisville, Lexington thought better of spending that much on a new arena.

I think after the financial fiasco in Louisville, Lexington thought better of spending that much on a new arena.

 

Has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the fact that the downtown business association doesn't want UK games being played anywhere other than the current location. UK could snap its fingers and raise the money for a new, on-campus arena in a month.

UK could snap its fingers and raise the money for a new, on-campus arena in a month.

 

You really think so?

 

I'm skeptical.

Has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the fact that the downtown business association doesn't want UK games being played anywhere other than the current location. UK could snap its fingers and raise the money for a new, on-campus arena in a month.
Then why couldn't UL snap those magical fingers and raise that kind of money? No way hundreds of millions to build a new arena could be raised without a major bond issue and financing it for a millennium. I just think that is way more debt than they want to go into.
Then why couldn't UL snap those magical fingers and raise that kind of money? No way hundreds of millions to build a new arena could be raised without a major bond issue and financing it for a millennium. I just think that is way more debt than they want to go into.

 

Because Louisville doesn't have anywhere near as big of a donor base as UK. They tapped Owsley Brown Frazier out building all the other sports facilities at UofL.

You really think so?

 

I'm skeptical.

 

I think so also.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.