Casey clerk says Beshear told him to issue same-sex marriage licenses or resign

After meeting with the governor, Davis told a group of reporters that Beshear essentially gave him an ultimatum. Davis said he would go to jail before he resigned. He also said he was holding his position, and he will not issue any marriage licenses in Casey County. Casey clerk says Beshear told him to issue same-sex marriage licenses or resign

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for him. He's standing up for what he feels is right and is an example for all of us to follow. When you believe in something stand up for yourself and never back down.

Now send his butt to jail and get the special election going on for a new clerk that will do their damn job.

You have a duty to do your job and he needs to do it! Or resign!

What if the govenor fires him and apoints someone until a special election? The guy can't just come back to the office as that will be trespassing.

It will be interesting to see how many of these people will attempt to use their disregard for the law in a run for a different office.

Good for him. He's standing up for what he feels is right and is an example for all of us to follow. When you believe in something stand up for yourself and never back down.

Now send his butt to jail and get the special election going on for a new clerk that will do their damn job

I'm fully assuming the special election would just be 2 people who vow to deny marriage rights and will also be committed enough to go to jail for it. I mean, I really wouldn't think someone in these rural communities is going to campaign and win being pro marriage rights.

I'd be perfectly content if he were jailed, and then they elected someone with his exact same beliefs and they were jailed as well. Someone eventually will do the job correctly.

Good for Beshear for not giving him any room to refuse to do his job.

I'm fully assuming the special election would just be 2 people who vow to deny marriage rights and will also be committed enough to go to jail for it. I mean, I really wouldn't think someone in these rural communities is going to campaign and win being pro marriage rights.

I'd be perfectly content if he were jailed, and then they elected someone with his exact same beliefs and they were jailed as well. Someone eventually will do the job correctly.

Good for Beshear for not giving him any room to refuse to do his job.

I'm super close to Casey County so following that election would be fun. :lol2:

I'm super close to Casey County so following that election would be fun. :lol2:

As someone also super close to Casey County, I'm hoping for a special election. I don't really care much for local politics, but I would follow how that race panned out with a lot of energy.

Could be people watching at it's finest.

County Judge appoints a clerk until the next election.

As far as the pay goes it's by county size. My guess is 50-60 k

That probably means that the Robertson County clerk makes about 86 bucks.

Ever think of a new career? How much do county clerks make these days? Call the governor and ask him to appoint you. :)

Nah, I'm good where I am at. Liberty is way smaller than the Danville area. Hell, I think they are still a dry county. Hell nah.....