Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fountain Square erupts in chaos last night

Featured Replies

^Count me in the group that is glad no one, unruly young person or officer, was "blown away". How someone can wish for someone else to be shot is beyond my comprehension.

  • Replies 163
  • Views 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sad state of affairs in this country and it all starts in that big white house.

 

What does this have to do with President Obama?

What does this have to do with President Obama?

 

Has to do with the country as a whole and the sad state of affairs that it is in. Think about it a little and you can probably figure it out.

Did the curfew matter? Of the 7 arrested, 4 of them were adults. Including a 25 year old.

 

Nope. Curfew had no bearing on this. Government Square is and has been a problem for years...thugs, low-lifes and nothing good going on there. Call it what you want, but until the city of Cincinnati takes control of their problems, it is only getting worse.

 

Of course the streetcar to the heart of thugville will fix all that....

 

Of course the streetcar to the heart of thugville will fix all that....

 

I'm down in OTR on almost a weekly basis, and usually after dark, and I've never once felt unsafe. How frequently do those of you who think it's so horrible actually go down that way?

  • Author
^Count me in the group that is glad no one, unruly young person or officer, was "blown away". How someone can wish for someone else to be shot is beyond my comprehension.

 

If you are a life threatening situation, you have the right! If you are willing to punch a police officer you WILL have no issues harming anyone else. Yes, he was running away, but I'm tired of punks! I am willing to bet within the next 10 years the person who punched this officer would be in prison for some very serious charges. Remember his and we can discuss this again in 10 years, or sooner.

If you are a life threatening situation, you have the right! If you are willing to punch a police officer you WILL have no issues harming anyone else. Yes, he was running away, but I'm tired of punks! I am willing to bet within the next 10 years the person who punched this officer would be in prison for some very serious charges. Remember his and we can discuss this again in 10 years, or sooner.

 

Sorry, shooting someone should never be a desired or hoped for option. I'm thankful the cops were able to get control of the situation without any use of deadly force. Since they were able to gain control without it, why would anyone wish they had used it?

Sad state of affairs in this country and it all starts in that big white house.

 

With that same logic, then the Cincinnati Riots of 2001 all started in that big white house with the guy who was then the resident?

 

Considering your comment, I suppose you agree with that?

I am saying, IF he did, I would have no issue with it.

 

Okay, now I'm understanding where you're coming from, and I agree. I interpreted it as you saying you had wished they would've used force, not that it would've been appropriate had they. :thumb:

I'm down in OTR on almost a weekly basis, and usually after dark, and I've never once felt unsafe. How frequently do those of you who think it's so horrible actually go down that way?

 

Use to be downtown, Government Square and above 7th street all the time. OTR not so much in several years. Actually Fountain Square and bus exchange is probably the biggest nuisance in the city...with the exception of the Liberty Street area. For reference, it matters not if it's day or night.

 

The OTR exception, I believe, is because of the commercial traffic around the businesses there. It's the non-business areas where the loitering and trash is happening.

I hope they catch the ones who beat the poor guy to a pulp and charge them with a hate crime

With that same logic, then the Cincinnati Riots of 2001 all started in that big white house with the guy who was then the resident?

 

Considering your comment, I suppose you agree with that?

 

It is the state of society today. Many things have changed since 2001 would you not agree? Do you think that kids in that generation disrespected authority like they do today?

 

Do you agree with that?

I'm down in OTR on almost a weekly basis, and usually after dark, and I've never once felt unsafe. How frequently do those of you who think it's so horrible actually go down that way?

 

I'm in the OTR area roughly one or two times a month, occasionally after dark. I have felt unsafe in the area, especially during warm weather months. Seems like some of those stop lights stay red forever sometimes.

 

FWIW a local anchor was a theft victim while dining in OTR over the weekend. My visits downtown will likely stay much closer to the river the rest of the summer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.