7 on 7s?

:lol2:

I'm excited about the start of football season also and attended todays 7-on-7 at Rice Mountjoy Stadium. How on Gods good earth can anyone draw conclusions on potential season success based on backyard football?

I get it...folks like to draw conclusions, have opinions, leverage their favorite teams and predict the future. The most polished 7-on-7 team last July/August was Boone County. Played great D, QB made very good reads, they whooped and hollered, scored many TDs and all that translated into what last year?

Beechwood, Cooper, Dixie Heights, Ryle worked in 1st, 2nd, 3rd stringers against any combination of the other teams. So drawing conclusions and making predictions about the season is silly.

I look for consistency in the reps since we don't know what team ( 1st thru 3rd string ) I'm looking at. So I'll share a report based on my I'd like to think, objective opinion...

Of the 4 teams Ryles receiving corps did better than others at getting separation from the defending secondary. And Morgan did well throwing the ball in an area to take advantage of said separation. I did see more dropped balls by Ryle than I did the other 3 teams.

No QB really stood out regarding making quick reads except for Gunther Faeth of Dixie since the Colonels bread and butter is a quick release and allowing athletes in space to make plays.

Coopers defense shined with the most INTs. They make good reads and take advantage of bad decisions!

Morgan, Fieger, Faeth , Cooper QB ( my apologies I don't know his name ) will not have 4-6 seconds against good opponents to make decisions in pads and good/bad/ugly offensive lines against good/bad/ugly d-lines!

These kids are a good group. Kept level headed for the most part....are well coached and don't really know how fortunate they are. So I'll offer this message to the student-athletes:

Challenge yourselves to get better each rep, ask your coaches for insight, believe and challenge yourselves and your teammates. Just another event to confirm NKY is in for a very exciting season. Go NKY football...:thumb:

I think you totally misunderstood my post. I don't believe I or anyone else ever said this will show how the teams play come October and November. Re-read my post, it was only and I repeat ONLY observation of what took place today period.

wow, never thought so many panties would be bunched by an observation on 7 on 7's especially after all the 7 on 7 threads over the past week.

It's practice people, nothing more nothing less.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you totally misunderstood my post. I don't believe I or anyone else ever said this will show how the teams play come October and November. Re-read my post, it was only and I repeat ONLY observation of what took place today period.

wow, never thought so many panties would be bunched by an observation on 7 on 7's especially after all the 7 on 7 threads over the past week.

It's practice people, nothing more nothing less.

HB, your post didn't incentivize my response. Easy tiger (s), see what I did there?....my response and 5 cents wasn't to your post HB....I'll honor the comment though: This coming from the author of "Cooper domination in the 7-on- 7s I watched!"

:lol2:

Don't sweat it HB, I'm a champion of your it's practice people, nothing more nothing less take!

:thumb:

I was able to watch the 7 on 7's at Dixie today. The teams that participated were

Ryle

Cooper

Dixie

Beechwood

I got there a little late so didn't get to watch the matchup of Ryle vs Cooper but was told it was pretty even.

What I did see however was this:

Cooper dominated in the 7 on 7's I watched.

Cooper vs Dixie, I don't know if Dixie scored at all as Cooper pretty much had their way with Dixie playing both their #1 and #2 QB. Cooper's D was just as impressive with a couple picks and pick 6

Beechwood vs Cooper Again Cooper dominated offensively. Their first 3 TD's took a total of 4 plays. Their Defense also had a couple INT's and a pick 6.

Ryle: I know some say there is a QB comptition, maybe that is the politically correct thing to say but from what I saw when Ryle played Dixie and Beechwood there was 1 clear favorite that stood out for Ryle at QB and that I would guess was Tanner Morgan. The other QB didn't have the arm that Tanner had or the accuracy downfield although Tanner did miss quite a few down field passes. The competition at least from what I saw wasn't even close. 1 kid truly looked like a natural as the other was ok but lacked velocity and arm strength. Tanner Morgan may have the best arm I've seen in the NKY area in a long long time. With that said, Ryle was clearly missing some of the receiver weapons they had last year. Although some passes were overthrown etc. some others were catchable but dropped. Tanner Morgan however is the real deal and if he gets his accuracy down he will be tough to stop.

Dixie: They will be a running team this year. They will miss Drew Moore. Their QB struggled at times and just needs a to get rid of the ball a bit sooner. also needs to work on his velocity, some balls seemed to float.

Beechwood: Has a really nice short passing game. Fiegher (sp) looks good but they seemed to be missing the deep threat. I think Burns who graduated last year will be missed this year. They should be good with a nice running game.

today clearly though Cooper and Ryle looked the best out of the 4 teams participating in the 7 on 7's and from what I saw I thought Cooper was the most solid on offense and defense, for whatever conclusions you can draw from 7 on 7's

I don't know what you are watching but the receiver talent will be much better this year than last year. Of the starters all of them were open and scored on everyone they went against. Long scored a few TD's today, Pagliano had a few, Cusick had a few, Wright had some nice catches, Ashley had 5 or 6 TD's. If you throw in the RB position, Ryle may have some of the best skill players in NKY.

I don't know what you are watching but the receiver talent will be much better this year than last year. Of the starters all of them were open and scored on everyone they went against. Long scored a few TD's today, Pagliano had a few, Cusick had a few, Wright had some nice catches, Ashley had 5 or 6 TD's. If you throw in the RB position, Ryle may have some of the best skill players in NKY.

None of their receivers are better than Arwine.

Ryle looked good, as UK#1fan said, Arwine was really really good

and there is a difference in last year and this year. Doesn't mean they won't kick butt this year. Tanner Morgan will make a huge difference.

Agreed, Arwine was a great player and a great kid. There are a couple of receivers on the staff that will be every bit as good.

Ahhhh, now it makes sense after seeing the NKY top 10 list thread lol, now I know why panties were in a bunch lol.

Cooper didn't make the top 10 in someone's so there is no way they should have dominated like they did today lol.

Please stop. Save the teenager arguments for UK fan. It was an omission, my fault. But why would I have an axe to grind with Cooper? They are even steven, rarely good or rarely bad at anything. Would be like having an axe to grind with Austria. Only schools I have axes with are HHS and SK. Don't flatter yourself.

Please stop. Save the teenager arguments for UK fan. It was an omission, my fault. But why would I have an axe to grind with Cooper? They are even steven, rarely good or rarely bad at anything. Would be like having an axe to grind with Austria. Only schools I have axes with are HHS and SK. Don't flatter yourself.

Seriously? I'm a Beechwood alum and huge fan, I said what I observed today. Maybe some of us can actually be unbiased in our observations. Seriously.

Last I checked Cooper who according to you is rarely good at anything has 2 regional championships and a state final in the last 3 years.

Last I checked, that was more than someone else in this conversation. So please move on and be thankful you've got another shot at a state title this year since Mayfield moved up, who by the way should be another school on your list of axes to grind. Just another omission on your part I guess.

Edited by Hellbird

:laugh:

Why? :idunno: