Reds and Nats have discussed Aroldis Chapman

I attend Reds games to watch the TEAM that I love and grew up cheering for. Regardless of who suites up for the team or how horrible they are I always find myself attending games and following closely. When I attend games never does watching Chapman even enter into my mind until I know that he is actually warming up to come in. At that point I'm not going to lie I get excited but it doesn't determine my game day experience or if I want to go to the game.

I loved to attend games when Graves closed, Weathers closed, Coco closed and I'll still love to attend if it's Hoover, Cingrani or Adcock once they trade Chapman.

FWIW Cueto is the number 2 trade asset and Chapman is the number 3 trade asset. Leake is the number 17.

Bruce is the number 23 asset. The Reds need to play this deadline smart and take advantage of having all these chips.

According to cbssports...

http://mweb.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/25212608/inside-baseball-top-40-trade-candidates-for-this-mlb-trade-season

The Reds can wait for the deadline with Chapman for someone to get desperate unless they are blown away by something.

The Yankees lost their closer Andrew Miller for at least a month. They've still got Betances who can close but having that one-two punch is how they've been winning a lot of their games. I'm not sure who the Yankees have that the Reds would be interested in but with the Blue Jays starting to become a factor they'd probably be interested. If Miller comes back then they'd have the 7th, 8th and 9th locked down.

If the Reds could turn Chapman into Trea Turner and couple "minor" to "mid-level" prospects, I'd be ecstatic. Turner is going to be a stud IMO.

If I'm the Reds and the Nats really want Chapman all talks begin and end with Turner.

Wilmer Difo is interesting as well. The Nationals number 7 prospect is a switch hitting middle infielder. 31 Doubles, 7 triples, 14 HRs, 90 RBIs and 49 steals with an over .300 avg last season in A ball. Actually just made his Nationals debut, I'd love to get both he and Turner. Hopefully the Reds will not settle.

There is no way Chapman leaves before the break is there? Reds have to want Chappy to close the AS game in Cincy if possible.

I honestly believe you're correct but that mindset makes no sense to me. Regardless of what team Chapman or any other Red represents in the All Star Game they are still going to get a warm reception and standing ovation, maybe a bigger one than if they still played for the Reds. You can't jeopardize you're future on a game that doesn't mean anything, it's going to sell out and be an awesome event even if the Reds have no representation, the tickets are already accounted for.

Knowledgable Reds fans would be more upset if the Reds didn't trade their assets than they would be upset if they didn't play in the All Star game as a member of the Reds.

I honestly believe you're correct but that mindset makes no sense to me. Regardless of what team Chapman or any other Red represents in the All Star Game they are still going to get a warm reception and standing ovation' date=' maybe a bigger one than if they still played for the Reds. You can't jeopardize you're future on a game that doesn't mean anything, it's going to sell out and be an awesome event even if the Reds have no representation, the tickets are already accounted for. Knowledgable Reds fans would be more upset if the Reds didn't trade their assets than they would be upset if they didn't play in the All Star game as a member of the Reds.[/quote']

If you wait till ASB you also have more buyers. A few surprise teams like the twinkies might still be in the hunt.

If you wait till ASB you also have more buyers. A few surprise teams like the twinkies might still be in the hunt.

No doubt but I also fear for the health of the players the longer the wait goes on. We're talking about Cincinnati pro sports here, not exactly the luckiest always.