Reds and Nats have discussed Aroldis Chapman

Right now it's just preliminary talks but the Nats are looking for help in the pen. The Nats would get 1.5 years of control for the most elite big name closer in baseball. Not only would Chapman help the Nats or any team this year but they'd have him for next years pennant race as well and get a boost in attendance. If the acquiring team failed to extend Chapman they'd also receive a nice draft pick.

With all that being said I'd hope that Aroldis could net the Reds at least one A level prospect position player and a couple B level prospects. Trea Turner would have to be included if I'm the Reds, then maybe Wilmer Difo and Rafael Bautista as the other pieces.

Let the fire sale begin! Trade Chappy, Cueto and Leake and inject the system with some young and talented blood. I'd maybe work out a deal for Frazier as well, he'd bring back a nice haul right now as one of the top 3rd Baseman in the game and if teams want to take on Phillips and Bruce than ship them off as well. The Reds would go from having a middle of the pack farm system to easily being tops in baseball combining the top pitching that they already have and hopefully the abundance of bats they'd acquire via trade.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/06/nationals-reds-have-discussed-aroldis-chapman-trade.html

I think the Reds can be divided into 4 categories right now:

1) The prime talent we need to keep:

Leake, Frazier, Iglesias, Lorenzen, Boesch, Hamilton, Desclafani

2) The prime or post-prime talent we cannot move due to $$$$ reasons:

Votto, Phillips, Bruce

3) The players we can move but not for blockbuster returns:

Pena, Byrd, Negron, Mesoraco???

4) Gone, baby, gone

Chapman, Cueto

We need to look to get more players from category 2 and 3 into category 4 and try to prevent having to put any from category 1.

Just my opinion.

I think the Reds can be divided into 4 categories right now:

1) The prime talent we need to keep:

Leake, Frazier, Iglesias, Lorenzen, Boesch, Hamilton, Desclafani

2) The prime or post-prime talent we cannot move due to $$$$ reasons:

Votto, Phillips, Bruce

3) The players we can move but not for blockbuster returns:

Pena, Byrd, Negron, Mesoraco???

4) Gone, baby, gone

Chapman, Cueto

We need to look to get more players from category 2 and 3 into category 4 and try to prevent having to put any from category 1.

Just my opinion.

Boesch isn't prime time talent. Frazier is aging and it's a great time to capitalize on his monster season and friendly contract (he could net a haul IMO) and nobody would trade a bucket of sunflower seeds for Negron right now. Oh and Mes isn't going anywhere.

Boesch isn't prime time talent. Frazier is aging and it's a great time to capitalize on his monster season and friendly contract (he could net a haul IMO) and nobody would trade a bucket of sunflower seeds for Negron right now. Oh and Mes isn't going anywhere.

1) Could Boesch be an everyday outfielder for more than 10 MLB teams right now? I honestly am asking that, I think that there is talent and potential there.

2) Yeah we aren't gonna get anything for Negron but I wouldn't be surprised to see him be a part of a deal just to make it work (Janish).

3) Agreed on Meso.

4) I would hate to see Frazier go but you make sense.

1) Could Boesch be an everyday outfielder for more than 10 MLB teams right now? I honestly am asking that, I think that there is talent and potential there.

2) Yeah we aren't gonna get anything for Negron but I wouldn't be surprised to see him be a part of a deal just to make it work (Janish).

3) Agreed on Meso.

4) I would hate to see Frazier go but you make sense.

Boesch might not be an everyday outfielder for 10 AAA teams right now. He's been with 3 organizations the last 3 seasons and the Reds are the only team to play him in more than 27 games. He's 30, he isn't getting better.

Right now it's just preliminary talks but the Nats are looking for help in the pen. The Nats would get 1.5 years of control for the most elite big name closer in baseball. Not only would Chapman help the Nats or any team this year but they'd have him for next years pennant race as well and get a boost in attendance. If the acquiring team failed to extend Chapman they'd also receive a nice draft pick.

With all that being said I'd hope that Aroldis could net the Reds at least one A level prospect position player and a couple B level prospects. Trea Turner would have to be included if I'm the Reds, then maybe Wilmer Difo and Rafael Bautista as the other pieces.

Let the fire sale begin! Trade Chappy, Cueto and Leake and inject the system with some young and talented blood. I'd maybe work out a deal for Frazier as well, he'd bring back a nice haul right now as one of the top 3rd Baseman in the game and if teams want to take on Phillips and Bruce than ship them off as well. The Reds would go from having a middle of the pack farm system to easily being tops in baseball combining the top pitching that they already have and hopefully the abundance of bats they'd acquire via trade.

Nats, Reds Have Discussed Aroldis Chapman Trade - MLB Trade Rumors

Chapman will never be traded because of those 35,000 that show up to see him close with that 100mph fastball and to help get their little personal pan pizza from LaRosa's. Ownership will never trade any of those mentioned(Frazier,Bruce,etc.) because they are too well liked by owners and fans(except for the ones that have any sense, which are on this site)

The Reds can wait for the deadline with Chapman for someone to get desperate unless they are blown away by something.

I think that's exactly what they'll do. And I'll be shocked if they pull the trigger.